SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying a Legion series pistol. Why should I choose it over a non-Legion Sig? I've done research and watched videos but I end up getting more confused.
Can some one enlighten me?

· Registered
361 Posts
Reaction score
I am looking at buying a Legion series pistol. Why should I choose it over a non-Legion Sig? I've done research and watched videos but I end up getting more confused.
Can some one enlighten me?
Assuming you are buying brand new, if you are looking at elite vs legion, you will get the legion color, optics cut, and x ray night sights instead of sig light night sights. It will cost you about $300 more. When you register your legion you will also get a soft pistol case and challenge coin

They have been making rolling changes on the legion, so you might not be getting the optics cut unless it is quite new.

Soli Deo Gloria

· Registered
855 Posts
Reaction score
IIRC, the Legions have an improved trigger with shorter reset.

I have a 229 Nitron and 226 Legion and 220 Legion and my trigger finger isn’t sophisticated enough to notice the difference.

· Registered
33 Posts
Reaction score
IIRC, the Legions have an improved trigger with shorter reset.

I have a 229 Nitron and 226 Legion and 220 Legion and my trigger finger isn’t sophisticated enough to notice the difference.
As far as I know the Legions use the same SRT sear as the Elites, so reset should be the same.

I believe the upgrades to the Legion trigger were that it came with the adjustable GrayGuns P-SAIT with overtravel adjustment and that the internals had the new "super finish" for smoother function. Nowadays SIG no longer puts the P-SAIT in the Legions, although they use a mostly identical MIM part instead. However, the newest Elites seem to come with the same trigger and the same Super Finish internals. There should be no difference in the triggers between the Legion and current Elites, unless SIG changes things again :)

· Registered
94 Posts
Reaction score
Some features by way of diminishing significance:
  • a fantastic stock trigger: very good DA, excellent SA, SRT
  • G10 grips - fit and texture are excellent
  • X-ray sights
  • trigger undercut
  • smaller controls, tail
One could buy another SIG and customize as needed but time and inclination are short. Always on the shortlist of range guns, both 9 and 10. This guy recently aired a Legion review, giving it a distinct 'thumbs up'. Pretty good from a discerning shooter.

· Registered
5,259 Posts
Reaction score
Some features by way of diminishing significance:
  • a fantastic stock trigger: very good DA, excellent SA, SRT
  • G10 grips - fit and texture are excellent
  • X-ray sights
  • trigger undercut
  • smaller controls, tail
One could buy another SIG and customize as needed but time and inclination are short. Always on the shortlist of range guns, both 9 and 10. This guy recently aired a Legion review, giving it a distinct 'thumbs up'. Pretty good from a discerning shooter.
And in addition to what’s already been said, an extra magazine is included with Legion purchases.

· Registered
6,651 Posts
Reaction score
The Legion is just a package of parts like most other variants. Buy the package that best fits your needs or go with the cheapest option and build the package the way you want. I have skipped the P22X Legions because the first things I would do is change the grips, sites and controls and I'm not a fan of the Legion Cerakote color.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts