SIG Talk banner

Legion Holsters, Any Good?

7054 Views 28 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  Georgiagunguy
Howdy,

Looking at getting a holster for my 229 Legion and see Sig offers a couple that look rather unique.

Anyone have experience with them?

Are they good quality or the price (~$90) more a branding scheme?

I see BlackPoint Tactical makes them and they can be converted OWB to IWB. Anyone try this?

I'm considering an Alien Gear IWB OWB combo. Any other favorites I'm missing?

[With current line up I've tried Crossbreed (love it!) Vedder (hate it!) El Paso Saddlery (meh!)]

Thanks,

EBM
Reactions: ScalpeL28
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
341 Posts
I have 2 of them. The standard OWB holster I got through the Legion store and the OWB light holster I bought directly through Black Point. I'm a bit of a holster wh*re and they're the best kydex holster I've ever owned. The leather wings make it significantly more comfortable for me over traditional kydex holsters.

I have the IWB clips but haven't tried them yet.

· Banned
329 Posts
BlackPoint makes some great holsters.
I got a Legion branded LeatherWing from the Sig store just for the spiff of it.
I have a couple other LeatherWings I purchased directly from BP...all great holsters.

I also had a MiniWing for my P225-A1...before I sold both.

· Registered
1,375 Posts
For Kydex I suppose they are alright. I got ones for 229, 226 and a couple H&K's and the two things I really didn't like were the belt loops and the two piece double mag carriers. I made new leather wings for them with regular belt slots because unless your belt is 1'4" thick they are way too loose and the center piece on the mag pouch makes it too big an clumsy. I then bought a few of their (Black Point) single piece dual mag carriers which are ok.
That being said I still went back to my leather holsters.

· Registered
30 Posts
I ordered a standard OWB for my P226 with metal clips directly from Blackpoint in the colors of my choosing and really like it. Lots of adjustment with the optional clips and the holster rides well for me.

Also yes, like you mentioned, love Crossbreed too for IWB. I have a couple, one for my G43 and one for my wife & her G19. I like hybrid holsters for IWB, if you open the door for just kydex IWB then that's a whole different rabbit hole........... It seems everybody and their brother, uncle & cousin is making them these days. I have my favorites and go to but those are just mine lol. Good luck!!

· Registered
13 Posts
For Kydex I suppose they are alright. I got ones for 229, 226 and a couple H&K's and the two things I really didn't like were the belt loops and the two piece double mag carriers. I made new leather wings for them with regular belt slots because unless your belt is 1'4" thick they are way too loose and the center piece on the mag pouch makes it too big an clumsy. I then bought a few of their (Black Point) single piece dual mag carriers which are ok.
That being said I still went back to my leather holsters.
What brand of leather holster?

· Registered
6,124 Posts
I have a BPT, and its the best Kydex holster Ive ever owned. Got it for my 1911. For P229, I got a leather DeSantis. And I like it a lot for the money.
Btw, Ive always considered getting leather holster from El Paso Saddlery. What don't you like about EPS?

· Registered
470 Posts
I have a SIG legion OWB leather wing holster and I like it.... but... on me, it requires a thick sturdy belt. Otherwise, the huge metal 'loops' have too much play and doesn't keep the gun against your body. And SIG's version is straight up draw (no cant)

Other than that, its well made, a suburb fit and very comfy

· Registered
470 Posts
I ordered a standard OWB for my P226 with metal clips directly from Blackpoint in the colors of my choosing and really like it. Lots of adjustment with the optional clips and the holster rides well for me.

Also yes, like you mentioned, love Crossbreed too for IWB. I have a couple, one for my G43 and one for my wife & her G19. I like hybrid holsters for IWB, if you open the door for just kydex IWB then that's a whole different rabbit hole........... It seems everybody and their brother, uncle & cousin is making them these days. I have my favorites and go to but those are just mine lol. Good luck!!

Is that their Blood Red ?

· Registered
250 Posts
I bought the BPT leather wing for my P226 legion from the sig store. I like it but I fear the fact that it was designed to put pressure on the slide to help secure the gun that it will wear the finish on the slide.

I use my guns and I don't mind them showing some wear from use but I do everything I can to slow that process down.

· Registered
75 Posts
I have a SIG legion OWB leather wing holster and I like it.... but... on me, it requires a thick sturdy belt. Otherwise, the huge metal 'loops' have too much play and doesn't keep the gun against your body. And SIG's version is straight up draw (no cant)

Other than that, its well made, a suburb fit and very comfy
+1 for the BlackPoint Tactical OWB Leather Wing. I'm very pleased with this holster for my P226 Legion. SM is right on point. Handgun holster Gun accessory Airsoft gun Starting pistol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.