SIG Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a p226 and P229 legion both RX. I don’t like the red dot and want to remove but need a cover plate. Are these available?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had the exact same idea a month or so back for my P229 Legion RXP. Loved the gun, but I don't care for red dots on a carry gun, so planned to remove my Romeo1 Pro and needed a cover plate. It was out of stock everywhere I looked, including at Sig, except at Osage County Guns. I think it was the last one they had at the time. No idea why these plates are so incredibly hard to find. Anyway, it's an official Sig part, but is labeled for the P320 X series Romeo1 Pro mount. I could not find out for dead certain if it will also fit the P229 Legion RXP's slide, but for $20 took a chance and grabbed it anyway. Then, wouldn't you know, I sold my P229 RXP before I got around to verifying the fit. Bottom line is I can't use it now, and still have it if you want it. I think (but can't positively guarantee) it's what you need, but you're welcome to PM me if you want it.
Jerry

Google Photos

·
Registered
17 Posts
Will the sight cover plate on my P320XVtac also fit on a P229 Legion RXP? The Romeo 1 Pro is recommended for both.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Will the sight cover plate on my P320XVtac also fit on a P229 Legion RXP? The Romeo 1 Pro is recommended for both.
Probably, but as I said in my post I sold my P229 Legion before I had a chance to verify the fit, so don't take that as fact. A quick phone call to Sig would probably be a good idea. They are very hard to find. If you decide you want this one, PM me. It's still in the sealed Sig package, with screws. you're welcome to it for what I paid Osage for it plus a bit of postage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts