SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Would have been nice if there were handle on the case, though :(.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Would have been nice if there were handle on the case, though :(.
Yes, would've most definitely of helped when taking it to the range. So whenever I go to the range I have to take it out of its case and put it into the stock case.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I took my Legion case out of the bag, looked it over, put it back in the bag and threw it in the closet. Its useless without a handle.
Agree, Ill take it one step further...It nice "looking," but that is all, doesn't serve any real purpose, cant be a lockable case, not that durable to be used all the time to the range.

I got two, the first one, I opened it and ooo-ed and ahhh-ed at it, I then got a 2nd Legion last month and just got my 2nd case, I still haven't opened the shipping box, its in my garage somewhere, no clue, LOLLLLL

·
Registered
32 Posts
Being new to Sig...

Again.. being new to Sig... I did not by the Legion for the case or the coin or the "Cool" factor.. I bought it (them) for the platform.

The case was a "Bonus".. and do I use it to store them? Nope. Will I ever? Nope.

If I ever do sell them.. I will sell them in the plastic case that they came in, to include the stickers and paperwork and lock... etc.

NOW.. think about this.. What CAN you do with that case? Sell it on Ebay? Use it for another purpose? Take out the foam that is inside of it and "repurpose" that case into something cool and useful?

Sure... Just use your imagination.. I have a few cool ideas... I will not share at this point.. but maybe later .. if they pan out.

I seldom complain about things that I get for "Free"... but if it is of no use to me "As Is"... I make it something useful out of it or pass it on.... I hope to make something cool out of these cases.. and I have a few ideas.. but man.. just to complain about something is not being useful either. Especially when it came with the purchase and registration... Use it for something cool and share it!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Again.. being new to Sig... I did not by the Legion for the case or the coin or the "Cool" factor.. I bought it (them) for the platform.

The case was a "Bonus".. and do I use it to store them? Nope. Will I ever? Nope.

If I ever do sell them.. I will sell them in the plastic case that they came in, to include the stickers and paperwork and lock... etc.

NOW.. think about this.. What CAN you do with that case? Sell it on Ebay? Use it for another purpose? Take out the foam that is inside of it and "repurpose" that case into something cool and useful?

Sure... Just use your imagination.. I have a few cool ideas... I will not share at this point.. but maybe later .. if they pan out.

I seldom complain about things that I get for "Free"... but if it is of no use to me "As Is"... I make it something useful out of it or pass it on.... I hope to make something cool out of these cases.. and I have a few ideas.. but man.. just to complain about something is not being useful either. Especially when it came with the purchase and registration... Use it for something cool and share it!
I laughed when I read that you got the case for free. I lived in Australia for 2 years. They think that their healthcare is free. I got a $6000 refund on my Australian taxes because I didn't qualify for the free health care:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
"Free" is full of ambiguity....

Did Legion owners pay for the case when they purchased their pistols? Was That on the receipt? No. We got it after purchase and registration.

I did use quotes when I posted.... it's all good. Don't know what healthcare has to do with the thread.... but feel "Free" ... to continue.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Did Legion owners pay for the case when they purchased their pistols? Was That on the receipt? No. We got it after purchase and registration.

I did use quotes when I posted.... it's all good. Don't know what healthcare has to do with the thread.... but feel "Free" ... to continue.
Lighten up brother. I wasn't disparaging you:thumbsu:

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Take out the foam that is inside of it and "repurpose" that case into something cool and useful?

That is what I did. Took the pre-cut foam out and put it into an aluminum pistol box that I already had that had removable foam and trimmed the Legion 226 foam to fit the box. Much easier to cut the sig foam to fit the pistol box than it is to cut out the 226 shape into foam.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Congratulations on getting your Legion case in 2 weeks, mine took more than 2 months. Had to cut it to make my P229 Legion fit with the Leupold Deltapoint Pro milled to the slide.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Like others, I did not buy my Legion for the case. I bought it for its reputation and reliability. I doubt I will ever use the case as is. If I can find a shop to add a webbed handle then, yes I will use it otherwise it will collect dust right next to my Glocks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
In my opinion, the case is not free. You don't think Sig factored in the case cost into the Legion pistol cost? Let's be honest, nothing is free. And to that end, I have a right to list the pros and cons of the case that is part of the Legion purchase.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Are you serious; no handle on the case? *** is wrong with SIG?
I'm not complaining, just noting that a handle would have made the case more useful. The coin is useless, unless you want to play tiddlywinks with it.

But I very much like my Legions...all 3 of them. Next to my X-Fives, they're my favorite handguns.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Doesn't matter...

People will complain about everything. I am unapologetic about being high strung and blunt.

The fact that people spend money on what they want from a manufacturer, and said manufacturer, gives them something in return for their purchase.... is pretty rare. (Most of the products that you buy... gives you nothing after the purchase)

Rebates, coupons for future purchases, "Freebies".... is all marketing. (Some people do not understand quotes) <sarcasm... nothing is free>

Sig gives you 3 mags with the Legion series... and some extra stuff. People complain about it? That is a First World Problem.

Besides Springfield....once a year... who gives you more than two, let alone three mags?

I never owned Sigs before... and never visited Sig forums... until recently and I have now found a very interesting culture. Most everyone is happy and helpful, but holy ****...clearly some have never had a challenging life.

Those members that have the "worthless" cases use them for something else or donate them to the homeless. I am sure they could use them for something else....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Love my Legion, and if all I would have gotten was what came in the tuppaware container when I purchased it. I still would have purchased it. Now, if sig had made the "special" legion case like FNH did for the FNX45 Tactical, WOW would have really been over the top. But I feel I have one of the best shooting 9mm's on the market, and since I cant shoot it in the case its not even a factor what the case is or isn't .....

Reactions: Runnerpsu
1 - 20 of 26 Posts