SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Huge news for AR "pistol" lovers. Multiple sources are reporting that the ATF released a letter stating they no longer consider shouldering a SB Tactical Brace "redesigning" the pistol as a short barreled rifle. However, this only applies to SB Tactical and not any other form of pistol brace. Modifying the pistol brace to make it more like a stock, such as removing the strap is a no go and could be considered redesigning it.

https://www.sb-tactical.com/blog/sb...er-use-sb-tactical-pistol-stabilizing-braces/

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...istol-equipped-with-an-sb-tactical-arm-brace/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
This is great, but the truth is the ATF shouldn't even exist under the US Constitution. Imagine a world with no unlawful federal regulations with unlawful federal agencies enforcing them. ;)

·
Read Only
7,297 Posts
This is great, but the trut8h is the ATF shouldn't even exist under the US Constitution. Imagine a world with no unlawful federal regulations with unlawful federal agencies enforcing them. ;)
I agree
The ATF acts like they are doing a solid favor.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Huge news for AR "pistol" lovers. Multiple sources are reporting that the ATF released a letter stating they no longer consider shouldering a SB Tactical Brace "redesigning" the pistol as a short barreled rifle. However, this only applies to SB Tactical and not any other form of pistol brace. Modifying the pistol brace to make it more like a stock, such as removing the strap is a no go and could be considered redesigning it.

https://www.sb-tactical.com/blog/sb...er-use-sb-tactical-pistol-stabilizing-braces/

ATF: It's Now Legal to Shoulder an AR-15 Pistol Equipped with an SB Tactical Arm Brace - The Truth About Guns

I'm happy! :D

·
Banned
7,293 Posts
One would think this would apply towards all "pistol braces".
If one can "shoulder " a brace, using it as a buttstock, it seems reasonable there isn't much difference between a pistol brace being utilized as a buttstock and an "actual" buttstock.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
One would think this would apply towards all "pistol braces".
If one can "shoulder " a brace, using it as a buttstock, it seems reasonable there isn't much difference between a pistol brace being utilized as a buttstock and an "actual" buttstock.
There should be no such federal legislation regardless. ANY federal regulation is unlawful.

·
Banned
7,293 Posts
There should be no such federal legislation regardless. ANY federal regulation is unlawful.
Husbands and fathers shouldn't let their wives and daughters run around town in topographic clothing, butt here we are.....meanwhile we have federal regulation that seems to be lessening or getting things more correct. I'm encouraged.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Husbands and fathers shouldn't let their wives and daughters run around town in topographic clothing, butt here we are.....meanwhile we have federal regulation that seems to be lessening or getting things more correct. I'm encouraged.
Just shifting sands...it blows with the wind, and the people just take it as if we can't do anything to stop it.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
And now starts the letters to the ATF that will **** them off and reverse the reversal of the reversal.
Which wouldn't matter IF the People knew that they do not legally have to accept what illegitimate federal agencies dictate. But alas...

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Glad I never removed the sig brace from my wifes AR pistol . Legal , illegal now legal again . woopee!!

The games our government plays

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Glad I never removed the sig brace from my wifes AR pistol . Legal , illegal now legal again . woopee!!

The games our government plays
Wouldn't it be nice to just shut that **** down?

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
Show me a pistol brace a regular man can comfortably shoulder and I'll listen. One has to get all scrunched up on it to do so. Just not feasible in real world shooting.
Till then I'll continue to register them as SBRs so I can properly shoot it.
The KAK Shockwave brace with adjustable tube will extend as far as a regular M4 stock, much lighter than the SB brace as well.

(Internet pic)

Attachments

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Show me a pistol brace a regular man can comfortably shoulder and I'll listen. One has to get all scrunched up on it to do so. Just not feasible in real world shooting.
Till then I'll continue to register them as SBRs so I can properly shoot it.
Granted, it does take some adjustments, but it can be done comfortably. I did, and I'm 5'11 200lbs. Not a large man, but hardly irregular.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Would be nice to get a copy of the letter from the ATF as I've had a couple of RSO's questions my SB Tactical MPX brace.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Would be nice to get a copy of the letter from the ATF as I've had a couple of RSO's questions my SB Tactical MPX brace.
Check out thefirearmblog.com
I'm pretty sure they posted the actual letter. According to another article I read shouldering a brace was never actually illegal, the letter was aimed at people modifying there's to make it more like a stock. Some idiot apparently stuffed a rolled up towel inside of his brace then wrapped duct tape around and sent in pictures to the ATF asking if it was ok.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Check out thefirearmblog.com
I'm pretty sure they posted the actual letter. According to another article I read shouldering a brace was never actually illegal, the letter was aimed at people modifying there's to make it more like a stock. Some idiot apparently stuffed a rolled up towel inside of his brace then wrapped duct tape around and sent in pictures to the ATF asking if it was ok.

Thank you very much.

I wish people would stop asking the Government permission to to play with their own personal property...:lol:

·
Read Only
7,297 Posts
Sad how we have to ask fellow citizens, who work in the government, permission to do something that is completely unconstitutional.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
This is great, but the truth is the ATF shouldn't even exist under the US Constitution. Imagine a world with no unlawful federal regulations with unlawful federal agencies enforcing them. ;)
President Trump eventually will get to, dismantle the ATF give him time.:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.