SIG Talk banner

Leather Holster Question

1322 12
I am planning on calling Wright Leather Works on Monday.

I usually carry all of My semi auto pistols in a Black leather IWB holster.

I have a Full Size P226 40 S&W Equinox and a New P220 SSE 10MM.
The P226 has a 4.4" Barrel is 7.70 Long 5.50 High 1.50 Wide and weighs 34.0 oz It has the Tru Glo Tritium Fiber Optic Sights.

The P220SSE 10 MM is all Stainless has a 5.0" Barrel 8.6 Long 5.50 High and
Weighs 44.4 oz It also has Adjustable Rear Sights and a Fiber Optic Front Sight.

I had wanted to purchase IWB holsters for each but got to thinking that OWB
Holsters would be better. I Do Not Like Belt Loops on Holsters. I prefer Clips.

I'm also planning on having the Master Collection Upgrade on the Holsters.

My Question is Which do You think would be better IWB or OWB based on the
Lengths and Weights of the Handguns ?
:confused:
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Well, the obvious answer is easy -- IWB due to weight. OWB would emphasize the weight. Also, IWB is much easier to conceal.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I agree. If you got the "waist space" or wear loose pants, the IWB will be the most secure and easiest to conceal. A good leather one or a Stealth Gear if you rather nylon/kydex. My P226 is in a Stealth Gear and it's comfortable and easiest to take off and on because it uses clips in front and behind. Otherwise it's custom leather

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
Regardless, make sure you have a good gun belt, and wear it properly. As the others have said, IWB is going to help to displace the weight of the gun better than OWB, but both have their advantages. Personally, unless I'm in LE or military service I'm not going to wear OWB, unless perhaps I'm hunting or camping, etc., but even then I want to remain concealed. Was at Lowe's the other day and saw this clown (6'3+ @ 400lbs) wearing a thigh rig with a HK VP flopping around on his leg. Silliest thing I've seen in a long time! I am probably more of a gun enthusiast than anyone I know, but I always shake my head and laugh at guys like that.

·
Registered
11,371 Posts
Check out "High Noon Holsters" from Florida.

They sell quality leather holsters and Gun Holster Belts, which are sometimes overlooked.

They have a great FAQ section that can guide in you in your selection.

·
Registered
17,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I Did it.
I called Wright Leather Works and placed an order for two of Their Banshee Leather IWB holsters. One for My New P220 SSW 10MM with the 5.0 inch barrel and the other for My Full Size P226 Equinox 40 S&W with the 4.4 inch barrel. I also did the Master Collection Upgrade(Soft pigskin lining) and both the Clips and the Leather Snap Straps. Total $366.00 and estimated delivery around August First.
I read all sorts of Reviews and decided that They would be the Best people for what I wanted.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Regardless, make sure you have a good gun belt, and wear it properly. As the others have said, IWB is going to help to displace the weight of the gun better than OWB, but both have their advantages. Personally, unless I'm in LE or military service I'm not going to wear OWB, unless perhaps I'm hunting or camping, etc., but even then I want to remain concealed. Was at Lowe's the other day and saw this clown (6'3+ @ 400lbs) wearing a thigh rig with a HK VP flopping around on his leg. Silliest thing I've seen in a long time! I am probably more of a gun enthusiast than anyone I know, but I always shake my head and laugh at guys like that.
And that guy at Lowe's will be the first one disarmed (or maybe even shot) when the Perps arrive ambush style. Open carry is asking for trouble IMHO. Even if its just lip and stink-eye from the sheeple around you.

Oh. and good choice Firearms Collector, Congrats! :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey OP, I see that you've pulled the trigger and ordered your IWB holsters. Please come back and post photos if you have a few minutes. I'm thinking of ordering IWB next.

I have two OWB Leather Holsters made by Nightingale Leather of Ohio.

Here's a photo of the OWB and the double mag carrier I had made. I ordered a similar holster for my H&K P30SK / P2000SK (same holster fits both with great retention) along with 2 belts of different colors and loved it so much I had to order one for my Sig P226 Legion.

Now, I think I *need* another for my Sig P229 Legion.

I have both a Signess and a Holster addiction and need help. He he!

Attachments

·
Registered
17,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey OP, I see that you've pulled the trigger and ordered your IWB holsters. Please come back and post photos if you have a few minutes. I'm thinking of ordering IWB next.

I have two OWB Leather Holsters made by Nightingale Leather of Ohio.

Here's a photo of the OWB and the double mag carrier I had made. I ordered a similar holster for my H&K P30SK / P2000SK (same holster fits both with great retention) along with 2 belts of different colors and loved it so much I had to order one for my Sig P226 Legion.

Now, I think I *need* another for my Sig P229 Legion.

I have both a Signess and a Holster addiction and need help. He he!
They told Me that the earliest shipment date is July 17th.

·
🎖USN Veteran
7,015 Posts
Well I Did it.
I called Wright Leather Works and placed an order for two of Their Banshee Leather IWB holsters. One for My New P220 SSW 10MM with the 5.0 inch barrel and the other for My Full Size P226 Equinox 40 S&W with the 4.4 inch barrel. I also did the Master Collection Upgrade(Soft pigskin lining) and both the Clips and the Leather Snap Straps. Total $366.00 and estimated delivery around August First.
I read all sorts of Reviews and decided that They would be the Best people for what I wanted.
Great holsters. Just ordered two (more) Predator models. One for my P938 and the other for my Sig 1911 Compact Nitron. I currently have one for daily wear with my M11-a1 and it is really comfortable. You will love 'em.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.