SIG Talk banner

Learned About An Old P220 (ca. 2008) I Want

2724 22
From what (very little) that I can find, this was a special run ordered by Turner's in 2008.

It is a Black P220 Combat; Black anodized German alloy frame with true MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny Rail (or maybe backwards-compatible NATO STANAG 2324 rail since it is a German frame)!!!

I want this!!!

Let's try and get a petition to Lipsey's to order a special run of this! :D

Model 220PR-45-BSS.

Attachments

Reactions: bearone2
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grips can be changed! I basically want another P220 (in this case a black one) with the true 1913 rail and not that damned Sig proprietary rail. :D

Actually, if Sig or Lipsey's or somebody would make a P220 Combat, a P226 Combat, and a P229 Combat in true OD Green (Cerakote is fine), I would add the entire set to my current set of Sig Combat models. :D

Reactions: cvh311 and bearone2

·
Premium Member
42,937 Posts
Put a set of black G10s on, and it would look pretty good.

Reactions: Mjk9mm and bearone2

·
Registered
23,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like to have one of those in the pictures with the German frame. A German frame P220 with a true 1913 rail has to be really rare. I've never come across one in pictures or otherwise. Of course, if I had a new one I would never shoot the darn thing! :D

I still don't know why Sig hasn't long ago transitioned to the standardized rail. My one "pet peeve" with Sig. :D But if Sig starts building all of them with the standard 1913 rail at this point, I'm going to be ****** because I have so many with Sig's rail. :mad:

If anybody ever comes across one of these for sale in good shape in a shop and you don't want it, give me a PM and let me know about it. :D

·
Premium Member
42,937 Posts
My 05 220 ST has that rail and a German frame.
The rail I don't care about, because I don't hang anything off it.

i did hang my TRL 1 light on it, but the light is for my shotgun.

·
Registered
23,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sig built a P220 with the Combat frame in OD Green Cerakote frame and Nitron slide about two years ago but I didn't find out about it until late last year. Built for a "government contract" and had a production overrun. About two months ago I let a new old stock on Gunbroker go to another bidder. I didn't want to buy a gun that would stay in the safe. I'm really bummed that I didn't buy it. I really liked it. :(

·
Retired Super Moderator
16,726 Posts
Sig built a P220 with the Combat frame in OD Green Cerakote frame and Nitron slide about two years ago but I didn't find out about it until late last year. Built for a "government contract" and had a production overrun. About two months ago I let a new old stock on Gunbroker go to another bidder. I didn't want to buy a gun that would stay in the safe. I'm really bummed that I didn't buy it. I really liked it. :(
I'll be sure to let you know if I ever run across one.

·
Registered
23,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Attachments

Reactions: ronin11

·
Registered
23,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Reminder: I am looking for one of these. If you come across one ( prefer NOS or LNIB ) please PM me. Thanks!

Note the true 1913 rail - Black Combat frame.

Model 220PR-45-BSS.

Thanks!

From what (very little) that I can find, this was a special run ordered by Turner's in 2008.

It is a Black P220 Combat; Black anodized German alloy frame with true MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny Rail (or maybe backwards-compatible NATO STANAG 2324 rail since it is a German frame)!!!

I want this!!!

Let's try and get a petition to Lipsey's to order a special run of this! :D

Model 220PR-45-BSS.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
So, what's the deal with the one you're showing with the nice mustard grips? Not for sale somewhere? Looks pristine!

·
Registered
23,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
That's a very old picture I found on a very old post (ca 2008) in another forum's archive.
The color in the photo is off. The "mustard" grips are actually the same FDE grip panels that are on the current P220 Combat models. Or at least I believe that they are. If they aren't the FDE grips from the current Combat, I would either put the current Combat grip panels on it or install black ones. It is a P220 with the black Combat frame that I'm after.

Slightly lightened image of the P220 Combat.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
So, what's the deal with the one you're showing with the nice mustard grips? Not for sale somewhere? Looks pristine!
SIG actually recently produced the frame again in black for the P220 40th Anniversary edition (see below).

But I would rather not have to get a new slide "re-Nitroned" to get rid of the ugly white writing all over the slide and I don't want a threaded barrel so I don't want the expense of replacing the threaded barrel with a standard one. An alternate route, also more expensive than I want, is to buy the Anniversary edition and buy a .45ACP P220 X-change kit for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi, gunbelt!

Sweet SAO SAS two-tone!!
I don't know how many were made but I haven't seen that one but once or twice on auction sites.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.