·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
17,769 Posts
I read a lot of that, but not all.

I kept waiting for the text that said, "but wait" ......

·
Registered
7,425 Posts

...a $17 Value!

Eerily familiar...

Attachments

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let there be no doubt there is always going to be someone trying to make money, but there is nothing wrong with that. These guys have countless hours of training and experience that can actually help others become better at a number of things, really. Why would there be any expectation of getting something of value for nothing?

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
16,973 Posts
Cards won't make you a better shooter. Shooting is a practiced, developed skill, not something "flash cards" are going to improve.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Reactions: sevycat

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cards won't make you a better shooter. Shooting is a practiced, developed skill, not something "flash cards" are going to improve.
It isn't the only thing they recommend, it is just one method of training to take to the range for live fire practice. In a world where expense often renders live practice all but limited, this is but one method that can help you become better...it's all predicated on discipline and practice, which is the main point, but again, it's all up to the individual.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
22,188 Posts
I think some are being a bit too hard on ole GCBHM.

First, I do not own these cards and I didn't see the video that was originally provided.

It is absolutely, 100%, undeniable (unlike "climate change"), that real shooting is paramount to being an effective shooter.

But, most here do see the value in dry fire practice. Right?

These are dry fire exercises.

From what I've seen, these offer scenarios that can enhance the enjoyment of dry fire practice, offer scenarios to practice in a dry fire situation that most of us have nowhere out in the middle of - well, nowhere - to do with real bullets. Most of us do not have nifty shooting ranges that offer moving targets or the ability to set up targets at multiple distances and directions.

Also, from what I can read just from that top one in post #3, it offers some scenarios that also educate by getting the user to think about situations that you might not think about shooting at paper all day at the range. That in addition to providing less-boring alternatives to conducting dry fire exercises by just aiming at a point on the wall.

I say don't rule them out.

Reactions: SigNewb and GCBHM

·
Registered
765 Posts
So I foolishly, or not ordered the SEALed Mindset DVDs. They aren't bad, again another point of view a nugget or two to add to the toolbox. In the package, I also got these cards. I have not used them, but not because I think they are useless, it is just a time issue. I know exactly where they are and once some of the job stresses calm down and I can get back to doing dry practice, I will look at them. I think I paid $35 for the whole set, so if they are [email protected], I have wasted that much on many other things and will just keep moving forward. Thanks for suggesting them, reminded me to go back to them when I can.

Reactions: GCBHM

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Well, that's really what it was offered for...as another tool to tuck in the box. I've talked with people personally who use a system similar to this, and they say it absolutely has helped them improve. One individual uses them in dry fire practice, then takes them to the range (or a range of sorts) and attempts to duplicate it with live fire. They have attributed this method as the single most helpful tool for their shooting improvement. I understand it isn't going to work for everyone, but I don't think it should be summarily discounted. Anyway...I'm glad it helped in some capacity!

·
Banned
7,293 Posts
I think some are being a bit too hard on ole GCBHM.

I say don't rule them out.

I don't think anyone is being hard on ole GCBHM, rather the infomercial hard sell esqueness of the link. It is funny. And to people likely to be more analytical than not, all the hype gets in the way of the analytics. (Not for myself of course because I won't even buy a box of shredded wheat minus the endorsement inferred by citing a retired SEAL team 3 observer whom can also use "DELTA force" in an internet post at least 3 times and owns a 7 days weeks worth of "photography" vests....because that man is regular and knows where to find internet citations of what makes a man regular.)....+,..it's funny. And it was a really long page asking for $37.99 to get your orphan annie decoder ring (hint: drink Ovaltine). ;)

Dry fire drills rock....or something like that. ;)

Reactions: bumper

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There's always one...or two. No matter where you go. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Even the most elite competitive shooters practice dry fire. It's a cornerstone of marksmanship.

One barrier to dry fire practice for newbies is they don't really know what to do beyond pointing their empty gun at the wall and pulling the trigger. That quickly becomes boring and tedious, and they lose interest. If these cards provide folks with the structure they need to get, and keep, them practicing, then what's the problem?

Reactions: GCBHM

·
Banned
7,293 Posts
There's always one...or two. No matter where you go. :rolleyes:
I've been places that had none, resulting in having to go to another place to find one....or two.
Then some times they have plenty but it's crowded, other day, I swung by dutch bros 4 times wanting to get some, but the line was always longer than I was willing to wait.

Do you have the training product from the link? What's your feedback, are there similar ones, what makes this one more better or different than other dry fire drills you employ?

Reactions: coach482

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've been places that had none, resulting in having to go to another place to find one....or two.
Then some times they have plenty but it's crowded, other day, I swung by dutch bros 4 times wanting to get some, but the line was always longer than I was willing to wait.

Do you have the training product from the link? What's your feedback, are there similar ones, what makes this one more better or different than other dry fire drills you employ?
I'm not plugging the product the guy is selling. It's a training tool to be considered for what it is worth to those who are interested. As stated, it is not intended to replace anything, per se, but to be considered for another method of practice to keep things fresh and relevant. Like GBIA said, it's better to have something different to throw in the mix than to have to keep shooting at a blank spot on the wall. Chris Sajnog has actually plugged a similar system designed to make the most of dry firing exercises, but my whole point in posting this was to put it out there for folks to consider. Everyone can't afford expensive live instruction all the time, but this program comes with instruction that should be considered better than nothing.

·
Registered
290 Posts
SOLD!

See you guys in 21 days when I become an "Alpha Shooter" and "Join the Club"... making you guys look like rookies. Can't wait to start stacking those rounds on top of each other!

Lotta hype in that ad, lol.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 43 Posts