·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chris Sajnog is legit. FWIW

·
Registered
17,781 Posts
I've got his book in a Kindle format on my cell phone. He's one of the few instructors out there that actually know what they're doing with respect to teaching gun fighting and combat type shooting.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got his book in a Kindle format on my cell phone. He's one of the few instructors out there that actually know what they're doing with respect to teaching gun fighting and combat type shooting.
I like him. He seems to have a sincere desire to help others become proficient shooters, and he has a really professional demeanor.

Reactions: PapaD

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'd like to get input from those who have purchased his stuff. Is it just shooting 101? Good things? What could be better? What didn't you like? Is it worth the money?

When I signed up for his mailing list I was evaluating if I he is good or not. I wanted more info before spending money. His email marketing tool began blasting my inbox daily. It felt like a money grab and raised a flag so I backed off.

·
Banned
7,293 Posts
Ah c r a p, déjà vu.... ;) :)

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd like to get input from those who have purchased his stuff. Is it just shooting 101? Good things? What could be better? What didn't you like? Is it worth the money?

When I signed up for his mailing list I was evaluating if I he is good or not. I wanted more info before spending money. His email marketing tool began blasting my inbox daily. It felt like a money grab and raised a flag so I backed off.
The guy is the real deal, but you certainly don't have to buy into it.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts

His training, experience, and credentials are unassailable, and I respect his service to our country.

That said, his books offer few unique "secrets" to better shooting. The instruction he provides is valid, but not really special.

He's earned the right to market his background for financial gain, but if you're looking for eureka-type insights that you can't find anywhere else, his books will probably disappoint you.

Reactions: GCBHM and Flash LB

·
Registered
8 Posts
Let's pump the brakes. I'm not questioning his credentials nor putting the man down.
I was just saying that a flag went up and looking for specific feedback from those who've purchased or used his system.

·
Registered
17,781 Posts
I can't really comment whether or not his books are worth it as I got his book for free when he was doing a promotion a while back.

·
Banned
7,293 Posts
if you're looking for eureka-type insights that you can't find anywhere else, his books will probably disappoint you.
I find that comforting, apparently everything I know about this subject isn't wrong. So the question is whether or not this guy works through the subject material in a way that I can retain it or isn't a chore when I need to be remembered. ;)

Essentially, is he a good instructor in the written format?
IDK personally. I do know that if i could remember half of what I know and would practice a quarter of that, I'd be a decent shot. :lol:
as it is, I'll keep working on my bench press and invest in some cool guy shades that will hopefully deter people from calling my bluff. :lol::p

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Let's pump the brakes. I'm not questioning his credentials nor putting the man down.
I was just saying that a flag went up and looking for specific feedback from those who've purchased or used his system.
Yeah, it's really not necessary to go all "pump the brakes" rhetorical here. No one said you questioned his credentials. You stated you backed off b/c you were bombarded with emails...well, that's marketing. If you've ever shown like interest in other similar programs you'd know that's pretty much how they all work. It's how they stay fresh in your mind and keep you interested. If it doesn't work for you then just unsubscribe and forget about it, but if you're truly interested in seeing if what the guy is offering is legit, then dude...walk it out. It's the only way you're going to know if it works for you. Everyone knows that dry firing exercises are legit. This guy has a method he used to make him a better marksman, when it was actually a matter of life/death. Only you can answer the question you asked, bro! :cool:

Reactions: Sloggins55 and DBS

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I meant to make sure that nobody who read my post would get the impression that I was criticizing him. I am in no position to do that given his record, and mine.

What I can offer you is what you asked for: feedback about his books from someone who has purchased them. As I said, everything he says is consistent with what I've been taught, and his style is easy to follow. But unless you are just starting out, he offers no special techniques that will revolutionize your shooting.

Reactions: GCBHM

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Reactions: GCBHM

·
Registered
232 Posts
Concur, 100%. Gave softcover to my daughter, have same on my computer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts