SIG Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23,704 Posts
I've never seen anything but factory on a gun advertised as "LE trade in" or whatever.
New York City likes to have them modified to have a much harder DA pull. They are either 12 lb or 14 lb. I forget.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never seen anything but factory on a gun advertised as "LE trade in" or whatever.
New York City likes to have them modified to have a much harder DA pull. They are either 12 lb or 14 lb. I forget.
Ouch. 12LBs-14LBs. I have a friend in ICE, and he hates DAK and thrilled going to P320. He thought they would get Glock though so he was surprised.

·
Registered
23,704 Posts
When you get into that trigger weight range, POI of EVERY discharge is accidental!!:p
There was a famous case a few years back of the NYPD shooting outside the Empire State Building where (IIRC) all shots missed the intended target and one or two bystanders were hit. There was a long debate over whether it was due to the excessively-heavy DA pull or just poor training. Most seem to blame the excessive pull.

A couple of years back, there were a number of P226s for sale on the gun auction sites that were production overruns of the NYPD configuration. Nice looking gun but after I learned about the pull, I passed. It wasn't nice enough to pay the price and then buy and the install a new mainspring. :D

Reactions: bumper
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.