SIG Talk banner

LE MCX version question

3278 20
Just purchased a MCX as a patrol rifle that was restricted to credentialed personnel. Doing more research, I’m having trouble understanding what version I actually purchased. Sig SKU is WRMCX-16B-TAP-P, upc is: 798681578894. What does the W in the SKU represent, as it appears that’s the only difference in what I see from no LE restricted models.
Reactions: sigsrok
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Still waiting on my October order for an 11" MCX through their Individual Officer Program. My model # is WPMCX-11B-TAP.

Don't know if that helps but I was told that the LE models go through additional testing for QC.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Just purchased a MCX as a patrol rifle that was restricted to credentialed personnel. Doing more research, I’m having trouble understanding what version I actually purchased. Sig SKU is WRMCX-16B-TAP-P, upc is: 798681578894. What does the W in the SKU represent, as it appears that’s the only difference in what I see from no LE restricted models.
Welcome! Congrats on the MCX.

I believe that the LE models are black nitron and have mil-spec triggers. The mil-spec triggers are not as good as the Match-Lite Duo, but folks like me replace the factory trigger with my own preference. The lower LE price is good deal IMO.

A good tool to have for the MCXs is an inch pound torque wrench. The barrel bolts need to be torqued at 60 inch pounds.

Bill

·
Banned
381 Posts
Still waiting on my October order for an 11" MCX through their Individual Officer Program. My model # is WPMCX-11B-TAP.

Don't know if that helps but I was told that the LE models go through additional testing for QC.
Who told you that? This is BS. When you say something like this at least list the source. Don’t be CNN

·
Registered
11,371 Posts
Call SIG customer service....

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
Who told you that? This is BS. When you say something like this at least list the source. Don’t be CNN
Glock LE models, known as Blue Label Glocks, sell for less as they are discounted and come with 3 magazines instead of 2 but that's the only difference.

Other manufacturers are probably the same.

·
🎖USA Retired
518 Posts
Font Rectangle Parallel Number Screenshot

There are definitely differences and I am sure you all figured that out. Here's a chart for the thread anyway. I'm so glad I got one, this is one of my grail guns!
How much were they in 2020 fellas? Bidenomics has them at $2149.00 right now at Proven. This is one awesome rifle that I have been dying to get my hands on for a few years and finally it's on the way. After the 10-day hold I will have my own!
Sig Sauer LE/Mil - SIG MCX 556 16" PATROL RIFLE #SIG WRMCX-16B-TAP-P

·
Registered
119 Posts
View attachment 489961
There are definitely differences and I am sure you all figured that out. Here's a chart for the thread anyway. I'm so glad I got one, this is one of my grail guns!
How much were they in 2020 fellas? Bidenomics has them at $2149.00 right now at Proven. This is one awesome rifle that I have been dying to get my hands on for a few years and finally it's on the way. After the 10-day hold I will have my own!
Sig Sauer LE/Mil - SIG MCX 556 16" PATROL RIFLE #SIG WRMCX-16B-TAP-P
I like the LE version because of the Chrome lined barrels. I have a Tan Virtus and Black. Both LE
Wood Line Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

1 - 20 of 21 Posts