SIG Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what gives...I saw a Grey Legion 226 for sale at my local gun store website. I knew it will sell out fast so I ended up buying one to match my grey legion 229. I went in to do my paperwork and to my surprise the color is in black. The grips doesn't have the medallion but it does have the slide cut out for optics. The guy told me it was the LE version which I didn't care too much. I just wanted my 226 to match my 229..anyway, i ended up taking it.

My question is, does anyone else have this version? black in color, no Medellin on the grip and the slide cut for optics? i tried googling it but nothing comes up. I just need some more info on it whether my $1200 was a good investment.

Thanks

·
Registered
223 Posts
Actually, Sig sells the Legion grips for $150. Then you sell your black ones. Will still require an investment but a small one to get you where you want to go.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sounds like you got a pretty unique firearm at a good price. Grips are easy to swap out, and you'll be able to sell the originals no problem. Post a pic for us! 😎

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Sounds to me like you almost have a unicorn. The LE version of the P226 Legion is not supposed to be sold to the general public. There have been several postings about civilians wanting one. Very nice gun!

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
Unique gun...never saw a LE version of the Legion...............

·
Registered
142 Posts
I was searching GB for one of these LE Legions, and came across this interesting customized all-stainless P226. It's not a Legion, but started life as an SSE, then apparently was given an all-black treatment by Gray Guns. Must look pretty similar, I imagine, except for the grips. (No relation to seller.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SIG 226 LEGION.jpg
finally got it and the guy convince me to buy the romeo1 sight as well.. lol I looked on sigs website and they dont sell 226 grip with medallion :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts