SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Are they coming out with a micro something?
There is great talk about it yes and I’ve seen some patent sketches. It’s gonna be a micro to compare to the p365/hellcat etc. I being an HK fanatic will buy it but… appears to have push button magazine release. Not happy about that as my paddles are far superior!! It’s gonna sadden many of us if it doesn’t have paddles… looks like it won’t. But. It’s HK so I’ll buy it

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well, it looks like Ruger is going to beat SIG to market with a high capacity .380. Smaller and lighter, as well. I hope SIG didn't lose their window.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Ok honestly here. Why would anyone truly want a gun in .380 that’s the same size as some of the micros that are out in 9mm?? I mean. Why???? I’ve got a couple of the LCP’s stashed around here and there…. Because. But I’d sure rather (and do) have a 9mm in the same size gun. Just me though but I bet I’m not alone. I also am a guy that really likes the .40 S&W.

·
Registered
P365XL/P226
126 Posts
Ok honestly here. Why would anyone truly want a gun in .380 that’s the same size as some of the micros that are out in 9mm?? I mean. Why???? I’ve got a couple of the LCP’s stashed around here and there…. Because. But I’d sure rather (and do) have a 9mm in the same size gun. Just me though but I bet I’m not alone. I also am a guy that really likes the .40 S&W.
If this is indeed the size of the LCP II (more or less) it's still going to be smaller than the P365. Thinner as well. Actually it will likely be a big seller as long as it shakes out to be reliable.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Ok, I get the size and easy of carry deal. I fell into that early on in my CCW life too. Then…. My mind wonders to this… IF (and Lord forbid it ever happen) I find myself actually having to pull and use my carry weapon in defense of myself or innocent others I WANT A FIGHTING SIZE GUN!! Even if that’s only the size of a G19/p320 compact/p2000/USPC whatever I will owe it to myself and others to freakin fight with it and possibly at a bit distance. Gonna carry a gun, carry a gun!!! Make your carry situation able to do so.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Look nice, I like the sights and capacity . I’d like to shoot first to see if it’s something I’d carry over a few others or gift it to,my wife,it I’ve bought my wife several guns and she still claims she’s going to carry one , but so far she doesn’t but she’s totally 2nd amendment , the whole bill of rights actually.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Because not all of us are hotshot tough guys. In my case, I'm 67 years old with severe degenerative arthritis in my shooting hand. I'm actually wondering how many more years I'll even be able to handle .380s. Someday, that may be you.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Because not all of us are hotshot tough guys. In my case, I'm 67 years old with severe degenerative arthritis in my shooting hand. I'm actually wondering how many more years I'll even be able to handle .380s. Someday, that may be you.
Now that is an extremely good answer. I hope my previous post was not taken in offensive to anyone. I would never purposely do that. I think I’ve just been around to many people lately wanting all these “small wonders”. I know I can’t shoot them nearly as well. And most of these people are (or seem to be) very capable of using at least a compact weapon and I think they are just being lackadaisical about taking their CCW seriously.

·
Registered
483 Posts
The back strap on the lcp2 is wider than the rest of the grip, being a snappy little round on such a thin pistol (the original lcp) Ruger said they did that on the 2 to help mitigate felt recoil.

It looks like they went with that wider width for all of the max grip probably to get the wider mag to fit.

I'm betting it will feel bigger then the lcp2 and much bigger then the original lcp.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
You need to be proactive, and cross train with your left hand. A lot. I shoot left handed every range trip.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The back strap on the lcp2 is wider than the rest of the grip, being a snappy little round on such a thin pistol (the original lcp) Ruger said they did that on the 2 to help mitigate felt recoil.

It looks like they went with that wider width for all of the max grip probably to get the wider mag to fit.

I'm betting it will feel bigger then the lcp2 and much bigger then the original lcp.
They also say they've altered the barrel cam geometry, which they claim will also reduce felt recoil. I hope that turns out to be true.

You need to be proactive, and cross train with your left hand. A lot. I shoot left handed every range trip.
I've been doing this for about a year. So far, it's not helping, but I'm trying to do a lot of things left-handed these days, and I expect that at some point I'll see progress.

BTW, since this is a SIG forum, I'll just mention that the most arthritis-friendly gun I own today, and the one that gets the most carry time, is my P290RS .380. Very soft shooting and very easy to rack. Can't hit the broad side of a barn left-handed, though.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Which of the Micro 9 high capacity pistols is as small as my LCP? None of the ones I've handled. I carry the LCP because its the smallest reliable auto from a major maker that does NOT print when I carry it. Would I prefer something the same size in a larger caliber? Yes, IF it had sufficient capacity AND was as reliable.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Ruger's semi-auto guns have been steadily decreasing in quality over the years. They are now about on par with Taurus.

Looked at the new Max 9 and the slide serrations already had bare spots.

The P-Series were tanks that worked and were decent quality. The SR series were more refined and attractive, but quality was slipping. The new American series and Security series are solidly Taurus-level fit and finish with a better customer service team.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I wonder if Ruger recommends not carrying with a round in the chamber (As the manual states for the first LCPII.) of this version of the LCPII? I know people do but Ruger does not recommend it.

·
Registered
P365XL/P226
126 Posts
Okay, I pulled out the scale. My LCP II with 7-round mag + 1 in the chamber + an additional 5 rounds (to simulate the Max with a 12-round mag) weighs 14.8 ounces. Sootch00 weighed the Max and it was 0.4 ounces heavier than the LCP II so figure the Max with 12-round mag will be approx. 15.3 ounces. I weighed my P365 w/12-round mag and TLR-6 weighs 24.9 ounces. Subtract the weight of the TLR-6 (1.12 ounces) and you've got approx. 23.8 ounces (rounded up). So a difference of 8.5 ounces in this configuration. That's pretty substantial in the pocket (or anywhere really). In the 10-round configuration for both it would be about the same I'd imagine.

So 0.19 inches thinner, 8 ounces lighter and a bit less tall/long. Small differences but in the pocket it really adds up.

Grabagun has them for $399. Price already coming down from MSRP. I could see these eventually settling out at around the $350 mark.

Gets more and more interesting and appealing

·
Registered
P365XL/P226
126 Posts
Figure the Max at 15.3 ounces fully loaded with a 12 round mag. The 10-round mag would come in lighter of course. My LCP II with 7-round mag and one in the chamber is 12.9 ounces. Figure 2.4 ounces difference going from 8 rounds to 13 rounds. Or a bit less of a difference going to 11 total rounds.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts