SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of the new 365's with the X-ray sights, and I am concerned about reports of firing pin breakage. How big a problem is this with the newer pistols? Anyone know how many of these pistols have been made and how many broken firing pins were reported?

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
There is at least one specific thread on p365 strikers, and many more p365 threads covering the exact question you asked.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Welcome from NH! The striker question has been explored to death. You are good to go. If you are still inclined do a forum search:D

Reactions: Lancer L5 AWM

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for your responses. I really wasn't too lazy to do a search, I just got buried in all the negative stuff. In fact, my first action when I started to see long primer strike tracks was to do a web search that led me here.

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
Thank you all for your responses. I really wasn't too lazy to do a search, I just got buried in all the negative stuff. In fact, my first action when I started to see long primer strike tracks was to do a web search that led me here.
It's understandable you found ST, because the p365 has been the subject of an unprecedented internet smear campaign by all who feel threatened by innovation and who scream "who moved my cheese?". People need to ignore that internet disinformation campaign, and just have fun by shooting the heck out of their p365 pistols.

The broken strikers were limited to SOME pistols produced between about March and mid May, and there hasn't been one in any p365 made after about late May.

Primer drag marks/swipes are pretty normal, especially for sub compact striker fired pistols, and if one googles "broken striker", one of the first results is for the broken striker problems with earlier S&W M&P pistols. Glock wasn't immune, either. And YouTube has at least 3-5 videos of people doing Striker Drag Marks comparisons between subcompact pistols like the Glock 43, p365, S&W Shield, Ruger, Kahr, etc., and they all show similar primer drag marks.

Your p365 date of manufacture is printed on a label on the end of the plastic case, but even if yours falls within the March-mid May window, you probably won't suffer a broken striker. Shoot it and have fun, and ignore the p365 bashing, which is largely comprised of people who've never even fired one!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Welcome from Florida. I have over 600 rounds thru my P365 right now and for a May gun it is still working. I carry this gun now with three mags 2 10's and one 12. I carry one 10 round mag without the ext. with me to the range every time i go i test the gun with 20 rounds to see if it still works :).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.