SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the "You last visited:" field at the top of my page is describing a time that I know I definitely did not log on. It was showing "09-19-2020 at 02:02 AM".

At the same time, on my statistics page, it says "Last Activity: 09-19-2020 11:00 AM". Again, I definitely did not log on then either.

I don't see that this can be explained by time zone differences.

Is someone logging on under my user name or are these times not reliable? Why would these times not agree?

I just changed my password, just in case.

·
Super Moderator
6,438 Posts
Above Post shows at 09/26/20 5:43 AM ( both of us are Eastern Daylight Savings Time)

Profile shows Last Activity 09/26/2020 5:46 AM
*that was when you logged out this morning.
*if look at this while you are logged in, it reflects the very last place where you were at just before going to your Profile page.

Last visit (below your user name each page) currently shows 09/26/2020 5:46 AM
* this will reflect the last time you logged out.

To summarize: if look at your Profile page, that will be different from Last Visit on upper right of under your user name. Only time Last Visit and Profile Page will be the same is after you log out.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But the times shown on both "Last Visit" and "Last Activity" are impossible for me.

At 2AM on 9/20 I was sleeping. At 11AM on 9/20 I was driving to a vacation condo in NJ; left home about 9:30AM.

The times now are also way off.

Your post has a time of 2:59 AM (really?). Mine has a time of 1:43 AM, not 5:43 AM.

Something is screwy.

·
Super Moderator
6,438 Posts
Is not PA Eastern time, and currently on Daylight Savings Time?
Or are there different PA areas who do not switch to Daylight Savings Time?

You mention having changed your password. If you are concerned, after changing password, you can contact an admin and have your user name changed. Then change the password, creating a whole new log in change.

To my knowledge, no one else has had an issue.

Is your “remember me” box checked? That would allow anyone using your device to access the forum.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, PA is Eastern Standard time and began Daylight Saving Time 2020 on March 8 and ends November 1.

But how do you explain your comment, "Above Post shows at 09/26/20 5:43 AM" when what I see is 09-26-2020, 01:43 AM? That's a 4 hour discrepancy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts