SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you want to skip all the fluff, jump to the 8:00 mark.

This week, Grant’s guest will be Aaron Kreag, author of the PDN article “Lessons Learned From My Good Samaritan Attempt“. They’ll be discussing the hidden costs of self defense and what you can do to deal with them. This is a topic that doesn’t get covered much — if at all — in the self defense world, and it can hurt you if you’re not prepared.

Last night on Training Talk: do you have a halo? - www.GrantCunningham.com www.GrantCunningham.com

·
Registered
567 Posts
thank you very much for this post. It is very informative, and eye opening for the CCW folks of america. It pretty much confirmed my thoughts. Since I can remember , my father has always told me never pull my gun out unless you intend to use it. I agree with him completely towards the end when asked if he would do it again. I would not. Unless there is a imminent threat, my weapon will remain holstered.

·
Registered
17,787 Posts
thank you very much for this post. It is very informative, and eye opening for the CCW folks of america. It pretty much confirmed my thoughts. Since I can remember , my father has always told me never pull my gun out unless you intend to use it. I agree with him completely towards the end when asked if he would do it again. I would not. Unless there is a imminent threat, my weapon will remain holstered.
There are a bunch of people out there who don't think you'll shoot even if you do pull it out, so be prepared to shoot or have the gun taken away from you. I've seen this phenomenon personally.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
The truly sad thing is that even though he probably saved the woman's life, he said he wouldn't do it again. All the BS aftermath.

·
Premium Member
8,918 Posts
Welcome to the real world. He ended up dealing with a domestic, police responding to a man with a gun, an investigation, prosecutors, the courts and defense lawyers.

But you got to do what you got to do. He won't fail to act again, he may do something different, but he will act to protect a innocent.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Thanks for posting MC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts