SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
no but i have used a laserlyte cartridge similar to that for years.
very good for DA trigger practice and speed drills.

·
Registered
423 Posts
i use one by itarget, have lasers in the 9mm and .38 special so we can practice inside , very useful for muscle memory and draw/present/fire

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just finished a G-Sight Laser practice session here in my house. I'm lucky that my house is long, so I can shoot up to 15 yards inside. I have a 9mm p320 X-Carry with Romeo1Pro optic. At the range, I would have paid $25 and the cost of about 100 rounds! Of course there is no practice of recoil mitigation, but great for many other aspects of accurate shooting, including quickly drawing and target acquisition.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Bought iTargetpro in the early stage of lockdown. Gotten lazy and haven't had a chance to use it yet.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just got my G-Sight laser a few days ago. Works great in my 229. Only tried it up to 10 yards but the flash looks plenty bright. I have a really long house and can get 19 yards, so will have to see how far it will pick up the flash. I use a standard USPSA target and love how it tracks each shot and I can work from the holster. I have a Mantis X and will take the laser over that any day. The MantisX does not tell you where you shot would fall on a target you are practicing on and unless you add a mag mount you can not work from the holster.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can the NEW ELMS 9mm Laser Cartridge (Gen 3) be used as a stand alone with a paper target or does it need accessories?

·
Registered
512 Posts
i'm very pleased with the Pink Rhino laser cartridge. i keep a pistol on my desk, where i spend most of my days. i will dry fire a dozen or so rounds multiple times daily.

with the ammo price/unavailability, this was a good $40 investment. check out the 1000+ Amazon reviews.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Bought a G Sight 9mm several years back for $33. Great practice tool. Especially useful to practice draw and shoot and point and shoot.
Mine did not come with any extra batteries or O rings and had a basic cardboard box.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Can the NEW ELMS 9mm Laser Cartridge (Gen 3) be used as a stand alone with a paper target or does it need accessories?
you don't need anything else. you can shoot the wall.
a target that marks your shot is great though, as well as having timer function for speed drills, but they are not needed to practice trigger control.

one of the things i like about the laser trainer is that it stays on long enough to see if you are swiping across the target, which tells you your trigger control is not good even without recoil. if you mash the trigger you will see the laser jump in some direction.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Well it's cheaper than the Laserlyte's. I use them all the time for draw practice, have full and reduced sized (to simulate range) targets around the house. I also have the Mantix X but have never used it as well as reactive targets and even a phone app that will record and score but I don't use that either. I can see the laser dot just fine thank you.
The different sized O-rings are interesting, I usually have to rotate the Laserlyte's to get them to agree with my sights, wonder it that helps with alignment.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mantis X fan here. I like the various drills it offers, as well as quantifying my performance. It tracks gun movement before, during, and after the shot, and and creates a graphic trace that you can literally play back. No, it doesn't give you a dot on a target, but I don't care, I'm more concerned with trigger control. If the Mantis says I scored the same or nearly the same on 5 consecutive shots, it means those 5 bullets all went the same place. If those aren't bullseyes on live fire, it simply means my sights, or my sight picture, need adjusting. Plus, it's a proven system for me, my shooting definitely improves when I'm using the Mantis regularly, and goes downhill when I'm not, a problem exacerbated by my inability to get to the range on a regular basis. Later.

Dave

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have the G Sight in 9mm and it works great. Used it with the app and got a cheap cell phone tripod to hold phone up. its accurate, used it to zero my 507k at home, at the range it was zero. I bought a $20 laser on amazon that was junk.

I use the G Sight with the Mantis X10 on my P365 and P229. The G sight shows the hits on target and the Mantis shows trigger mechanics.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I bought the LaserHit system off Amazon a while back.

The bullet works flawlessly. The app is.... Ok.

What it does is it uses your phone's camera to watch the target for laser strikes and has a shot timer.

The only thing that sucks really is the setup. it sometimes has trouble calibrating, and it seems like you have to recalibrate for every session. Plus it has to be setup in the right position at the right distance to see the target, which really limits where you can do it, unless you just have a full height cell phone stand that you can put it anywhere.

I use it with a double action pistol, so I can fire multiple times without having to rack the slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the G Sight in 9mm and it works great. Used it with the app and got a cheap cell phone tripod to hold phone up. its accurate, used it to zero my 507k at home, at the range it was zero. I bought a $20 laser on amazon that was junk.

I use the G Sight with the Mantis X10 on my P365 and P229. The G sight shows the hits on target and the Mantis shows trigger mechanics.
I just got my p365 and the G Sight. Quick newbie question: I thought the p365 was a double action. I've had to pull back the slide after each shot and didn't think I would need to. Can anyone let me know where I'm going wrong?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts