SIG Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several large pistols (P220, P226, HK 45, Beretta m9a3) that need a better storage solution. I came across the secureit pistol peg rack, which looks great and I already have a secureit agile 52. Before I go with it though, I have 2 thoughts / concerns that I was hoping someone with more experience could answer. First, will it damage the barrel to put them on a peg like that? I see that the pegs are coated but it just makes me a bit nervous. Second, will a heavy full size handgun get damaged or loose by having all the weight constantly pulling down on the barrel? Anyone have any experience? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
Have many...
59 Posts
Here is more recent shot with my Sig Legion X5 P320 and Sig X5 P320 Crusader...works for large pistols...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have several large pistols (P220, P226, HK 45, Beretta m9a3) that need a better storage solution. I came across the secureit pistol peg rack, which looks great and I already have a secureit agile 52. Before I go with it though, I have 2 thoughts / concerns that I was hoping someone with more experience could answer. First, will it damage the barrel to put them on a peg like that? I see that the pegs are coated but it just makes me a bit nervous. Second, will a heavy full size handgun get damaged or loose by having all the weight constantly pulling down on the barrel? Anyone have any experience? Thanks in advance.
The local range I shoot at has a used pistol section where they display them similar to what you are describing, my latest purchase came from that section and as far as I can tell it does not affect the gun negatively. Considering the stresses that a barrel is engineered to endure, unless you have a catastrophically substandard barrel you should have no worries storing a pistol in that manner.

·
Banned
1,697 Posts
I used Gun Racks and Firearm Wall Displays to turn an extra closet into a gun room.
Hopefully,your "Closet" is secure(d),since the Child Hood Protection Act would/will not help that situation in any State.

paularmola,
Open cell foam in most pistol cases collects moisture.
Close cell foam is expensive & not used by most manufacturers.

·
Premium Member
Have many...
59 Posts
Very well secured...locked with cameras...with no children in the home nor visit (who would be allowed the run of my house), I have no children...

Texas does have negligent storage of a firearm laws, however, with no children in the home, there is an exception as well..."...exception applies where the minor gains access to the firearm via illegal entry of the premises (Texas).

A youth or anyone for that matter who illegally enters my premise unfortunately will face other severe problems...just saying...

Appreciate the concern...

Hopefully,your "Closet" is secure(d),since the Child Hood Protection Act would/will not help that situation in any State.

paularmola,

·
Registered
753 Posts

paularmola,
sillica

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have a model 52 and have a bunch of guns hanging from the pegs. They aren't going to hurt anything, and they are definitely strong enough to hold them without issues.
Bad pic, but the only problem is longer barreled guns stick out too far and the door won't close.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
If stationary, the pegs should be no concern. I would be cautious if vibration or movement were present.
My levels are stored flat and fully supported in my truck.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Welcome and you will have no problems with the peg storage system for your pistols.

·
Premium Member
3,213 Posts
This is what I use

Attachments

Reactions: deserttrans
1 - 18 of 18 Posts