SIG Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the oem metal lanyard loop that fits inside the grip of the heal release bda, is the same as the early heal release style 220's? I am looking for the bda one but thought I better know what I am trying to find first. Thanks

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
12,237 Posts
I presume you are talking about what Numrich has called a "Strap Ring, item #58 on their illustration... Browning Model BDA Pistol Parts | Numrich (gunpartscorp.com) which is the same they list for the Sig Sauer P220.

Automotive lighting Car Vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part

I believe it is held in place by the grip itself, and of course the lower Grip Screw. I would guess one could possibly be manufactured, just from the photo representations @ Numrich plus dimensions from the grip inletting itself, if necessary.

·
Registered
247 Posts
They are the same.

Best of luck finding one. It took me about three years of searching high and low to find one for a early "Tysons" 220. If you are missing the lanyard loop, be very careful tightening that lower grip screw. It is very easy to crack the grip at the screw hole if the loop is missing.
This is what you are looking for:

Wood Hardwood Auto part Circle Electric blue

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I'll try to find one before removing the grips. I doubt I will especially now days. I've looked at 4-5 of these early guns in the past and only one beat up bda had the strap ring. Is there a reason most of them were removed I guess by the owners?

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
12,237 Posts
You would likely have better luck if you could scour European parts houses.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Is there a reason most of them were removed I guess by the owners?
I can only assume that the loop was not thought of as necessary here in the states. The pistol was designed for Swiss and German military and police use where a lanyard was common place.

When you disassemble the grip panel, the loop falls out. When it is installed properly, it has a tendency to rattle. A good number of .45 BDA's were use by law enforcement back in the late 70's and early 80's. Department armorers may have just taken them out during servicing. Some civilian owners may have thought it was annoying and chucked them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts