SIG Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Several times people have asked about holster for this or that accessory on the gun and have trouble finding it.

I usually chime in to say kydex is easy to work with and can be modified. I ordered an Alien Gear for my full size P320, only mine is an RX with the romeo 1 and that option isn't available.

Here are a few pics...I'm a little embarrassed because I rushed it, and this is probably the worst I've done, but it is concealed carry, and it works great. Not my best work, but I still wanted to share so if you haven'te seen it you know it is possible. I wanted to tighten up the fit a little and overheated the trigger guard which caused the distortion. This particular holster also had one of the screws that mount the shell to the backer in the sight location, so I had to drill and move it, which left the old hole...but again, it's concealed and works fine.

Stock holster:

done:

I had to trim the leather backer also on this one:

I did this at work, and I was a little busy so I tried to hurry, otherwise it would have been neater, especially the trigger guard. I would rather have a nice new clean holster that is made perfectly, but this will work, and when new and perfect isn't available, it's an option.

EDIT: There are a lot of YouTube videos out there, to see how it's done.

Reactions: Big Cape

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, what did you use to heat it, a hair dryer?
I used a heat gun. If I had used a hair dryer I probably wouldn't have overheated it. Heat gun is quicker but also need to be a little more careful.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I have several Alien Gear holsters and they usually fit fine. A couple of the last ones I got, were a little tighter than I would like. I asked for a replacement shell for the P227, but it fit the same. It works, but it is tight between the slide and trigger guard. I may try this on the spare shell that they let me keep.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for posting this. I have several Alien Gear holsters and they usually fit fine. A couple of the last ones I got, were a little tighter than I would like. I asked for a replacement shell for the P227, but it fit the same. It works, but it is tight between the slide and trigger guard. I may try this on the spare shell that they let me keep.
A little tight is very easy, just heat it up where it is tight and slide the gun in and out a few times. The trigger guard is usually where the most retention is, sometimes around the ejection port. If you make it too loose, heat it up again and press it in slightly in the same area(s).

Youtube has several how to videos on adjusting the fit. Many kydex manufacturers tell you to adjust it this way. Don't quote me, but I would bet real money, Alien Gear will replace it under warranty if you screw it up...but as long as you go slow, you won't.

You can also loosen the screws on the Alien Gear but I'm assuming you tried that and didn't get enough adjustment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.