SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else notice the recent gun media blast about the Kimber Micro 9? I've read about 4 different articles and I think only one mentioned the P938.

Of course all but one was a "glowing" review. Yet if you get look at the details in a couple of articles, this pistol is not totally trouble free.

Gun Test: Kimber Micro 9 Stainless Raptor Pistol | The Daily Caller

· Registered
3,481 Posts
If your reading gun rag storys on ether the micro kimber or 938 sig there going to be mostly glowing articals on ether as they what they get paid for !!

Owners find both serve them well and some have problems too . Its the nature of small handguns for some . Maybe more ammo or owner related than any real problem but the triggers on both are heavy and pivoting , not a 1911 style trigger .

I'm more of a kahr guy when a pistol is that small . But we have a small kimber 1911 . A stainless ultra 9mm that's a sweet shooter and carry pistol for my wife . There two tone ultra can be found right at or under 700 dollars , the stainless lw just over 700 dollars at a good dealer .

· Registered
34 Posts
I've read many gunrag articles on the P238, Kimber Micros, etc., and can't remember more than one mentioning that they are essentially clones of the Colt Mustang.
At the same time, I don't think I've ever read a review of a Colt "1911" that didn't include mention of how Series 80 hurts the trigger pull, while reviews of other guns, like SIGs 1911s, don't even mention the presence of Series 80, let alone (mostly erroneous) commentary on the affect on the trigger.

· Registered
9,114 Posts
The SIG P938, like most modern gun design, uses a top pivot trigger. I don't see this as a disadvantage, nor do I see the 1911's trigger bow design, which allows straight back trigger movement, as an advantage - although it is sometimes claimed as such. The 1911 is just inherently ease to do trigger work on, the plethora of great aftermarket parts is staggering as well.

For it's small size, which IMO tends to exacerbates such things, the p938 has a heavy trigger, and one that doesn't feel particularly good, gritty, creepy, and with some overtravel too. The only thing right about it as stock, the reset is not bad.

My P938 has a 3 lb trigger.* No gritty or creep, crisp at staging with no overtravel. It feels almost as good as my Wilson Combat 1911 - which cost near 8 times as much.

*Measured using Lyman Digital, hook placed at mid-trigger and parallel to slide.

· Registered
47 Posts
Anyone else notice the recent gun media blast about the Kimber Micro 9? I've read about 4 different articles and I think only one mentioned the P938.

Of course all but one was a "glowing" review. Yet if you get look at the details in a couple of articles, this pistol is not totally trouble free.

Gun Test: Kimber Micro 9 Stainless Raptor Pistol | The Daily Caller
Didn't notice anything, but then again I don't really follow that sort of stuff. Felt like replying nonetheless because I actually tested a Kimber micro 9 the other day...I was NOT a fan. Very uncomfortable recoil, gun wanted to jump out of my hand, accuracy average...and for the price? No thank you. The P938 I tested out before the Kimber was much better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.