SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
" " The KelTec P15 is a striker-fired, polymer pistol that weighs only 14oz and boasts a 15+1 capacity right out of the box. It’s the lightest, thinnest double-stack 9mm handgun (22mm) on the market. The P15 is an excellent choice for concealed carry. Both P15 models are also optics-ready. A removable polymer cutout section on the top of the slide allows you to install a red-dot sight, such as the Shield RMSc or the Holosun 507K. " "

" " the finished P15 was revealed at SHOT Show. The polymer version we were expecting was there, but so was an aluminum walnut-grip version. " "

Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Font

Font Gun accessory Gun barrel Metal Machine

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

Product Font Engineering Technology Machine

Note: one reviewer stated: Although, I’m not sure when and if the metal model will see the light of day. KelTec doesn’t list a metal P15 model on their website.

·
Premium Member
10,132 Posts
Meh.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If this is priced correctly, these will sell. 15rds, optic cut, in a lightweight sub compact pistol, < 1 inch, and 9mm will draw attention. Keltec is not afraid to try new/newish things.
Yes, Kel-Tec claim to fame is take a existing firearm design and think "outside the box" and listening to what people want then using computers come up with new design of a firearm that is cheaper to manufacturer while maintaining quality.
Now, how well a firearm the P-15 really is, we will have to wait until those who "shoot and review" have to say.

LOL, yes, we all know, those who only want a set design of the past will hate this firearm.

This is only price I can find for the P-15, however they do not have the P-15 yet.
Trigger Font Gun barrel Air gun Gun accessory

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes, Kel-Tec claim to fame is take a existing firearm design and think "outside the box" and listening to what people want then using computers come up with new design of a firearm that is cheaper to manufacturer while maintaining quality.
Now, how well a firearm the P-15 really is, we will have to wait until those who "shoot and review" have to say.

LOL, yes, we all know, those who only want a set design of the past will hate this firearm.

This is only price I can find for the P-15, however they do not have the P-15 yet.
View attachment 490458

I think it has HUGE potential at that price. This is also good for the gun market because competition Is good.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think it has HUGE potential at that price. This is also good for the gun market because competition Is good.
Yes while price point is good for many, the real crucial point: we will have to wait until those who "shoot and review" have their say.
Like many firearms, many of the first runs have issues.

·
Registered
922 Posts
i get it, this is a Sig site but the 2 KelTec I've fired and now own, the P17 and PMR33, are exceptional firearms.. not just 'for the money' but in every definable manner. I'm a new hammer DA/ SA convert and don't care for plastic guns but this alloy framed option seems compelling, especially 'for the money'.

TFB had some positive things to say about the gun.. Kel-Tec P15: The Smallest, Lightest Doublestack 9mm - YouTube

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i get it, this is a Sig site but the 2 KelTec I've fired and now own, the P17 and PMR33, are exceptional firearms.. not just 'for the money' but in every definable manner. I'm a new hammer DA/ SA convert and don't care for plastic guns but this alloy framed option seems compelling, especially 'for the money'.
TFB had some positive things to say about the gun.. Kel-Tec P15: The Smallest, Lightest Doublestack 9mm - YouTube
Enlighten video, thanks

Interesting to know how were all the P-15 functions.
You can quickly disable the two safeties with a flick of a switch.
However, the real issue was the sight drift after 100rds. I do hope Kel-Tec corrects that or theor P-15 will flop like their X-P-11 with its horrible DOA.

·
Registered
922 Posts
You never know what any manufacturer will make for accessory options?
if it was Sig, I could guess- release it with a higher priced gun, AXG, then a year later start selling them separately. it worked on me tho. i bought an AXG because I couldn't stand plastic grips.. also preferred it to the Legion P320 grips.

would be interesting if KelTec went with an Icarus Precision style grip first though, rather than launching out with an alloy grip frame that had different thickness and geo options for the actual grips. they can't even keep P17 magazines in stock. imo gl with keeping up with multiple grip styles.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts