SIG Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I would really like ('cause I shoot my son's so well) is a P239 in 9mm. I haven't seen any in my neck of the woods for a couple of years and I don't want to deal with Gunbroker. Does anyone know if the P365XL might be as accurate as the P239??? Just wondering....

馃帠USA Veteran
I personally think the P239 is the better shooter of the two without consideration of rounds. For the paranoid gun battle wishful thinkers they would go P365. Now that one can add the superstrut to the P239, I give it two extra stars for shoot ability.

Registered
time to rent one and see for yourself. i felt comfortable in purchasing my 365 without a trying it out on the range, it felt awesome and when i got it to the range i wasn't disappointed. but in your case, the 239 might continue to haunt you if you choose anything else. believe me, i know that feeling...

Registered
My 239 was stolen in a burglary years ago. Great gun. My uncle liked it so much he bought one too. Also have a 365, 365xl, and 320 x5 Legion. They are all great but the XL is my EDC and I think it is way better based on weight and capacity.

Premium Member
I have to get a permit first. Usually takes about two months.
Cabelas Gun Library has then also. Thats where I bought mine two weeks ago. I'am in Minnesota and they shipped it to my Cabelas in Minnesota. Just options instead of Gunbroker. There is also some on Guns.com, Hope you find one. Mine in Sig 357 shoots real close to my 9mm Sigs. Good luck.

Super Moderator
P365/P365XL
What I would really like ('cause I shoot my son's so well) is a P239 in 9mm. I haven't seen any in my neck of the woods for a couple of years and I don't want to deal with Gunbroker. Does anyone know if the P365XL might be as accurate as the P239??? Just wondering....
I've never shot a P239, but I can tell you that the accuracy of the P365 is superb as long as you do your part. The P365 was my last official off-duty carry pistol. Qualifying with it on the mandated course of fire was easy. I've also shot it in Outlaw matches to 40ish yards and it was pleasantly accurate out to those distances and very likely further.

Registered
The 239 is reputedly out of production, tho' there are plainly some out there. Two totally different critters, in terms of function and manual of arms.
Personally, prefer the 'same trigger, all the time' ...if I'm sufficiently scared of something to point a gun at it, simple is better.
Price difference as well.
Get the 365 XL (be surprised if you don't like it) for now, and keep an eye open for the 239 as opportunity presents itself.
Moon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts