SIG Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I recently got my SBR stamp back from Uncle Sam and I am trying to set up my stock. It came with a Sig Brace setup as shown in the attached pic and I was wondering if the factory brace will disassemble without damage. I had tried with the limited tools I have and not wanting to scar up the metal I am seeking knowledge.

Do the tube just unscrew from the adapter? Is there a thread locker liquid applied? Am I just a wimp?

I have a Sig collapsable stock on the MPX now, but I want to try a AR rifle tube with a LWRC mini stock that I have stashed in a drawer.

By the way, this is my first post, but I have been lurking and learning for a while now. Lots of great info here.

Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

· Registered
2 Posts
Yes, it will come off, but it's a beast, mine had a generous amount of thread locker on it. Pull the rubber brace part off the tube and you will see some wrench flats. I left it mounted on the gun, put it in the vise with some padding, tightened it just enough to keep it from moving and used an armorers wrench. I didn't try heating it up, that could help break it loose.

· Registered
283 Posts
Or you could just buy an adaptor $43.00 https://www.rainierarms.com/kak-sig-mpx-buffer-tube-adapter-only

Sell the brace for $50.00.. I sold mine when I SBR'ed my 556xi, for 60.00 fast.. There are a lot of folks who have pistols who would want the brace.. Especially since the ATF seems to be lightening up on their decision on the "use"

· Registered
37 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guys! I was determined to get this assembly separated come hell or high water.

Finally took the rubber part off and clamped the flat end of the tube in a vice. Then took a large screwdriver and used it as a lever to turn the clamp. Finally, after immense pressure, the two parts popped loose. No thread locker on mine, just ready tight.

Anyway, this is what I have in place now.

Thanks, Karnivore

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.