SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the club.

I decided on the flat trigger as well. The curved trigger was a little painful during long range sessions. The flat trigger is much more comfortable for me.

You may as well go ahead and get a P365 XL grip, too. The dust cover will still be flush with the end of the slide, but you'll appreciate the extra grip length. It accommodates a flush-fit, 12-round magazine which is easier to grip and allows for better magazine changes.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
11,290 Posts
Great choice and welcome to the forum from Georgia.

Reactions: JK Wrangler

·
Registered
650 Posts
Welcome from Alabama! Let us know how your unboxing and first range visit go with your new P365!

Reactions: JK Wrangler

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congratulations and welcome to the club.

I decided on the flat trigger as well. The curved trigger was a little painful during long range sessions. The flat trigger is much more comfortable for me.

You may as well go ahead and get a P365 XL grip, too. The dust cover will still be flush with the end of the slide, but you'll appreciate the extra grip length. It accommodates a flush-fit, 12-round magazine which is easier to grip and allows for better magazine changes.
Thank you for the recommendations.

I was looking at the MagGuts+2 for the pinky 10+1 mag. Would bring it up to 12+1 in the same mag.

I like the idea of a longer grip, I did like the feel of the XL in my hand, bit didn't want the longer slide. This is a great compromise.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
547 Posts
I was shooting my 365 today at 20 yards. I noticed that with a 10 mag I shot different than with the 15 round mag. I shot about 3 inches lower with the 15 at first until I adjusted. I must have been gripping the 15 harder and pulling the muzzle downwards slightly with pinke--and without pinke on the 10 rounder the muzzle was slightly higher. Probably not much difference, but at 20 yards I was center with the first mag (10 rounds), and then 3 inches low with the next mag (15 rounds).

My point is to shoot it with the different mags that you will use to make sure that you are fine with either. TG

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Thank you for the recommendations.

I was looking at the MagGuts+2 for the pinky 10+1 mag. Would bring it up to 12+1 in the same mag.

I like the idea of a longer grip, I did like the feel of the XL in my hand, bit didn't want the longer slide. This is a great compromise.

I initially used the 12-round magazine in the P365 grip and the extended portion of the magazine would catch on my palm and not drop without shifting the gun a little. The XL grip allows the same 12-round mag to flush fit in the longer grip, so the magazine releases cleanly.

I also added a Houge grip.

·
🎖US Army Veteran Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Congratulations on ordering a great gun. Hope you have good luck and good shooting with your new shooter. Welcome from New York.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Don’t change the trigger until you shoot it. I have a p365 with XL grip With curved trigger. I also have X5 Legion (Flat trigger), AXG Scorpion (Flat trigger) and X Compact (Flat Trigger). I shoot 2.5 inch groups at 30 feet with my p356 that has the curved trigger. I‘m afraid to change a good thing. All I’m saying is try it first.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Also get the extended mag release. For such a small price it makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome from Arizona. I have a P365Xl and love it. Just an FYI ; I still have to shift my hand to allow the mag to fall freely. The XL has the Flat trigger and at times I wonder if I would prefer the curved trigger. But here's the thing: I shoot the P365XL w/flat trigger great! Ironically, it's probably the heaviest creepiest trigger of all my handguns, (Yet perfectly adequate) ...and I still shoot very well with it. Great firearm.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Still waiting for Cabela's to receive my shipment.

In the meantime, I 3d printed a mag loader!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts