SIG Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,304 Posts
Strictly "close range"... Any Other Weapon, with a $5 Stamp? IIRC...

As already mentioned, a load of fun to shoot... at least you have a "reasonable grip" so as not to "wreck your wrist"... and people thought a .500 S&W recoiled!

Good Luck... a perfect case for "reduced recoil rounds"!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Strictly "close range"... Any Other Weapon, with a $5 Stamp? IIRC...
Nope. No stamp, no NFA hassles. This one from Mossberg(and Remington's competing product) are classified as "firearms". Even with the 14" barrel they meet the OAL with the birdheads grip.

The product has been out for a few years from small companies offering them. I'm surprised it took the large gunmakers this long to sell a factory model.

·
🎖USA Veteran
3,030 Posts
Someone please report to us how it handles when shooting buckshot or slugs. I bet it is a handful. Even more so with 3" or 3 1/2" shells.

Looks like you would want to keep it down low to point and shoot, and not too low. You don't want the recoil catching you crotch. Then you don't want to shoot it up high like aiming since it will probably break your nose or whack you in the head. I assume the little strap up on the forearm helps some.

·
Premium Member
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Someone please report to us how it handles when shooting buckshot or slugs. I bet it is a handful. Even more so with 3" or 3 1/2" shells.

Looks like you would want to keep it down low to point and shoot, and not too low. You don't want the recoil catching you crotch. Then you don't want to shoot it up high like aiming since it will probably break your nose or whack you in the head. I assume the little strap up on the forearm helps some.
It takes 2 3/4" and 3".
Shot some target loads and OObucks. I didn't have slugs.
Target load is well manageable but buck shot is handful if you shoot it up high.
It is a nice snake gun in the wood.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
When I was younger I had a Winchester 1300 that I put pistol grips on the stock and forend. It was manageable shooting 000 Buck 3" shells. Nowadays I prefer a standard stock and forend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.