SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

UPDATED with Upgrades Just got a P365!

4K views 22 replies 22 participants last post by  cremaley 
#1 · (Edited)
Just got a P365 the other day. It has a 66B serial number. I don't have any guns with safeties so I thought about getting a new grip module and deleting this one. Although, it doesn’t seem to be an issue as you don't need to use it. I ordered the TLR-6, an appendix holster from TXC Holsters, the Sig 15 and 12 round mag, and Sig flat trigger. Seems like that should be all it needs. I have been able to shoot about two mags through it and It’s outstanding. I’ve had a P227 and P226 before but sold them after a few months. I have been a Glock guy forever. Three years ago I built a P228 where I copied the P229 Scorpion. It was a fun but expensive project and I carry it a few times a month. I’ve sold all my Glocks and I am sticking with my home built P228, P365, and looking at getting a P320 or a Shadow Systems MR920. Below is my previous build thread for the P228.
P228 Build
UPDATE: I went ahead and deleted the safety by swapping it into a Grey Guns Grip Module. I have the stock grip module with Talon grips on it. Easily removable. I also have the safety. If anyone is interested let me know.
Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Practical shooting

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Never had a Glock and only shot one once, about 20 years ago and did not care for it. I have a P938 and like the little gun for pocket carry, I got it after trying to carry a S&W 342 Ti Lite, which was just too thick and a little too long, my wife kept "making " it in my pocket. Never a problem with the 938. I recently got a 365XL,and can hit better with it, but I did give it an advantage by installing a red dot. It's a little too large for pocket carry, but I find an IWB holster with tuckable option works well for my usual semi dress attire when working.

#6 ·
Glock is a Tesla, Sig is a Porsche. Never shot a Glock handled many taking them off of Gang bangers and other sundry customers. Never liked the feel or balance. Always got the urge to point it sideways from the backseat of a car. I dunno, something about them Glocks....lol. Love the P365 as I have the small and the XL

#11 ·
Congratulations great choice. I looked for a long time for a ccw with the P365's attributes. Size, quality, manual safety if wanted, and capacity. The 365 hits all of them and it shoots well. Only thing I found to complain about was loading the magazines. Recommended by others on this forum the Uplula by Maglula solved that. I know you will enjoy owning this pistol.

#13 ·
If you have large hands you may want to also look at the armory craft extended mag release. Its only like 1.5mm extended but it makes a world of difference. The hand position I needed to drop mag on the standard one would cause the mag to make contact with my palm and I'd have to shake it free. With the extended one I don't have to move my hand at all and it drops free with ease. I use a vedder lighttuck which does partially cover the mag release and it fits without any issue. Definitely check it out if you run into the same problem I had

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.