SIG Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new owner of my first Sig Sauer. I just bought a sp2022 at a gun show. It was used and I have no way of contacting the seller. I have spent HOURS on YouTube and online to little avail. I'm hoping someone on here can help. My sp2022 has only a Double Action trigger pull and no decocker. It has a space for the decocker but no decocking lever. I have a place I can purchase a decocking lever and decocking spring but I don't know if I need anything else in order to restore my Single Action after the initial Double Action Pull. Any one out there that can help a brotha out? Lol!

· Registered
865 Posts
You have a somewhat less common DAO version of the SP2022.

The original SigPro 2009/2340 models came as either DA/SA or DAO pistols. If I remember correctly, you could buy a hammer box unit in either configuration and switch a pistol from one mode of operation to the other. At some point, SIG stopped selling the DAO version of the pistol. I also do not know whether SIG still sells the hammer and decocker parts necessary to convert a DAO hammer box unit to DA/SA.

Give SIG a call to find out exactly what parts are needed for the DA/SA conversion.

You might also find that some other owners would be eager to trade their DA/SA hammer box units for you DAO version.

· Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,467 Posts
This is probably what you need, as gc70 stated:
SP2022. Accessories | Numrich Gun Parts

I'm not sure what all is required, you may contact Sig Customer Service, and see if they can advise. The custom shop does conversion on the classic series, P220 - P239, for $199.95, but do not show the Sig Pro models.
When I went through Armorers school, just after the SigPro introduction, the comment from the instructors was that these hammer modules were not meant to be serviced outside of the "factory", and that PDs would get "spare" modules for the armorers to change out. If yours has no single action capabilities, which could be checked by trying to physically cock the hammer by hand, would mean that you would need a new hammer, as the one installed has no sear notch, and chances good, no sear, itself. Therefore you would not be able to modify your current hammer module.

If all that is required, is the hammer box assembly, then the above reference has them available for $199.90 currently.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.