SIG Talk banner

Just Bought a SP2022

3463 38
I grew up shooting mostly 1911 Colts because that's what my father liked and I had an endless supply to free reloaded ammo. Well dad moved away from the SF Bay Area a year ago and I've been itching to pick up something to call my own. I've been on the hunt for a CZ 75 but they are so hard to get here in the bay area and by the time you add the dealer mark up, we're talking about adding a few hundred bucks on to the price. I tried the Sig 226 and liked the way it shot but I hate the slide release on it. I had some time to kill waiting to pick the kids up from school and stopped in the local gun store and I was talking to the guy behind the counter. He pulled out a bunch of 9mm's and we went through what I liked and didn't and what my price range was. Then he said "try this" and he pulled out the 2022. I pulled out my card and filled out the background check forms.

Then, I just had to figure out how to tell my wife. She's not wild about guns.
I DREADED it for two days but then broke the news to her. "Are you F-ing serious, what in the hell?... is this something I can shoot to?"

Now, I just need to wait the remainder of my "cooling off days" until I can have some fun.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

馃帠USAF Veteran
I have one also and love it.

Registered
Great gun - often overlooked. The takedown and reassembly is a little tricky - if you check YouTube you should be able to fnd some helpful videos with this. It's not that hard if you do it right. As I recall the owner's manual does not explain this very well. Accessories can be a little hard to find - holsters, magazines. Some holsters for p226 will fit. The sights are standard Sig sights but it takes a special installation tool to remove/install the sights due to the shape of the slide. Enjoy your new sp2022.

Registered
Then, I just had to figure out how to tell my wife. She's not wild about guns.
I DREADED it for two days but then broke the news to her. "Are you F-ing serious, what in the hell?... is this something I can shoot to?"

Now, I just need to wait the remainder of my "cooling off days" until I can have some fun.
You tell the wife LOL?? Mine thinks I have three pistols as they all look the same to her. I just make sure I never have more than three out at the same time while she is around.

Anyway congrats on the new SP2022! :cool:

Registered
Congrats. You will really enjoy it. 2022 is One of the first sigs I bought and one I still take to the range to shoot often. As mentioned above YouTube videos are great for take-down as it is a bit tricky and different than all of my other Sigs.

Registered
You tell the wife LOL?? Mine thinks I have three pistols as they all look the same to her. I just make sure I never have more than three out at the same time while she is around.
thats awesome, I've tried that, then she looks in the safe. lol
Fortunately, I prefer to stay with collecting SIGs ...and the wife thinks they all look the same. I can bring home a new SIG and lay it in the middle of the living room floor and she won't say a word. There are too many to count in the vault and safes. In reality, she doesn't care. Bills are paid, plenty of food and cars to drive, roof over her head. We both have every thing we need and most everything we want. If buying guns (drums, high end electronic and cars) makes me happy she doesn't really care.

My first Sig was a SP2022 9mm. Fantastic pistol.

Mine was a 9mm P220 ...those are in the list of my 'Top 3' SIGs

Reactions: halodub

Registered
Great choice! I carry my 2022 everyday and I love shooting it. Don't listen to people who say its not a real Sig! hahaha It was researched and designed by Sig, it has Sig markings and it came off the Sig factory..... It must be a SIG!

Registered
Welcome from the Buckeye state. Great choice on the 2022. Best value out there. But be careful - SIGs are habit forming...

Registered
Welcome from Pennsylvania. My first Sig was a SP2022. Loved that gun. Not sure why I sold it other than did not want to own more than 2 guns. Enjoy shooting!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.