SIG Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so on impulse, i bought a BNIB Sig P224 SAS DAK in 9mm. Build date is march 2017, so i would guess the previous teething problems are worked out, especially since it seems they mostly affected the .40/.357 pistols. i could not pass up the deal i got. should go nicely with a P226 MK25 and P226 SAO. any advice or thoughts? i know the DAK is ... interesting, but for a small carry gun it should be just right. can't wait to shoot it!

·
Registered
792 Posts
well please share some pics when u can too...very cool to see they are still making them till last month too..i have been toying with the idea of buying one myself as my new ccw...how does it feel in your hand compared to the 226's?...God Bless,John

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i like the 'hump' the grip has, as the placement of it perfectly fits the 'cup' of my palm as i hold the gun (glock 26 is the same for me). so it is very comfy to hold, and i can get a large amount of leverage on the gun with the pinky curled under, as i actually like it. i will post pic once i am 'allowed' to pick it up, you know, constitutional waiting period ... i will post pics and report range session asap.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Well i have held and looked at the glock 26 when i helped a friend with a gunshop he just bought...locally we do not have many sig dealers and even though i have owned sigs for a long time...never seen a 224 around here but i really think it will be my next purchase....thank u for the explaination of the grip too....really helps...
Here in NY all we have to do is go to pistol clerk office and register it and then pick it up......can't wait to see how u like it too...God Bless and thank u,John

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys! i'm excited, as one of the LEO's i am training also uses a DAK sig P229, so they will be thrilled that i bought my own DAK so i will have to put up or shut up when it comes to getting their skills up. lol

·
Registered
792 Posts
well it looks like a great piece...well done...how do u like to shoot it?...comfortable?...i am really debating the 9mm over the 40 s.w.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a 224 DAK 9mm and I enjoy it...CCW it has worked very well for me. Accuracy is very good and I find it easy to operate... I have a lot of revolver experience so the DAK transition was no problem at all. Fits my hands very well. Fast and accurate.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
My 224 (357 SIG, also DAK) has recently taken over the #1 spot in the rotation again, for some reason. I like DAK, it slows down my shots just that fraction of a second and I find my accuracy improves over traditional DA/SA, even with the longer trigger squeeze. I like the consistency, every shot the same.

Reactions: jringo8769

·
Registered
35 Posts
DarthPaul

I found the same thing, fraction of a second slower, more accurate. I used to do quite a lot of fast revolver point shooting and find the 224 DAK 9mm accuracy good on that too. It's is now my #1 in carry rotation also. It fits my hands especially well, better than most compact grips... I am quite happy with it. It eats everything I have fed it...(various ammunition brands) and is very accurate with the HST 124gr. and the HST 147gr in std vel and +p ...can't ask for more...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts