SIG Talk banner

Just bought a new P226 Legion

2673 Views 26 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  MoRivera
I know there are a lot of posts like this, but I just had to share. :D It's been a long time coming.

I picked up a new P226 Legion 9mm a few days ago. Manufacture date is mid-December 2016.

I've been looking at these since they first came out... reading a bunch of reviews and watching too many YouTube videos. For years I knew one day I'd end up with a 229. I liked the slightly smaller size.

Well, after seeing the Legion come out and then saving up enough, I thought I should go ahead with the Legion. I don't really get the argument about the additional features not being worth it. To me they totally are. I really like the night sights, grips and additional room under the trigger guard. To each his own. I always end up with night sights at least anyway.

So the agonizing thing was should I get the 229 like I've always wanted? Or go 226?

I bounced back and forth for a couple of weeks and went with a 226. I'm totally happy with that decision now. I don't really plan on carrying it. It's more for home defense. I have a P320 Compact and Glock 43 dedicated for carry.

I was comparing earlier and one thing that's nice, at least for consistency's sake, is how similar the P320 Compact (medium grip) and P226 feel, except obviously the grip texture differences. I mean the weight and balance. The weight isn't really far off; they're surprisingly close. They both fit my hand great and point very naturally for me.

I'm not really into the safe queen thing, but I'm going to have to push myself to cut the orange zip tie and put rounds through this pistol. I think it's just been so long saving up and then dropping the cash on it that makes it a little difficult. Call me crazy, but it's beautiful and I don't want to mess it up. I know. It's nuts. I get it. It's a tool and it's made for shootin'. ;)

I look forward to learning more here. There's a lot of great info and help.

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Gun accessory

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Airsoft
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Banned
5,101 Posts
Good for you!!! Fantastic pistol, which I am sure you will enjoy. Congrats!

· Registered
389 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the madness!

· Registered
501 Posts
Congrats!

An amazing pistol!

· Registered
407 Posts
Welcome from ENC! She is awesome!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I quickly got over my reluctance and hesitation in putting rounds through this thing. Thanks for the support and needed nudging.

The zip tie is gone! :D

Took it to the range today... ya'll were not joking. The pistol is a pleasure to shoot and feels great. Definitely glad I took the plunge and worth the wait.

I took some before-the-first-range-trip photos and then applied some grease. I'm curious how the finish is going to hold up. I've read some of the threads about that.

Thanks everyone for all the welcomes and kind words.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.