SIG Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Banned
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was a little worried seeing the recent posts about issues installing the GG PELT.

So, while hesitant, I bought one off of a fellow member here and it arrived today.

Installation was almost effortless, I wasn't sure if I needed to but I went ahead and installed the Sear Housing Pin...it was much tighter than the one I replaced in my P320 (standard). It took a couple good whacks, and my thumb got the brunt of one of them...D'OH!

Anyway, reassembly went smooth..no issues with binding, no drag or sticking.
Although, as Jim had mentioned the X-frame is a little tight getting the FCU back in...but I persevered.

I do not have a trigger pull gauge, but it feels even better than the one on my P320 (standard).

Hoping to get it back out to the range here shortly!

Attachments

Registered
There must be some inconsistency's with the trigger bar on the X-five. As I said in the other thread, I only had to file off a tiny bit.

Glad it went smooth for you. Looks like you got some use out of the old trigger

Reactions: villedetwink

Registered
There must be some inconsistency's with the trigger bar on the X-five. As I said in the other thread, I only had to file off a tiny bit.

I just tried again with mine and its still a no-go. Once I put in the take-down lever in the trigger just doesn't release the sear. I looked at the backside of both triggers and, while I see where there are differences I just can't see where it is a problem. I am just about ready to say *F* the whole damn thing and give up on it. Hopefully I won't experience the trigger sting that I got the first time I took it to the range.

Banned
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

Unfortunately that seems to be the case...
Not too much, I have about 500rds through it and an hour or so of dry firing...hoping to put another 200rds or so after dinner.

I just tried again with mine and its still a no-go. Once I put in the take-down lever in the trigger just doesn't release the sear. I looked at the backside of both triggers and, while I see where there are differences I just can't see where it is a problem. I am just about ready to say *F* the whole damn thing and give up on it. Hopefully I won't experience the trigger sting that I got the first time I took it to the range.
That sucks it is not going well for you Jim.
Have you heard anything back from Grayguns?

Registered
:(Really hate to hear this. I was hoping you'd get it worked out. If the trigger bar will spin while on the drive pin of the trigger, it's not a problem...Mine once on the pin wouldn't spin.

Registered
:(Really hate to hear this. I was hoping you'd get it worked out. If the trigger bar will spin while on the drive pin of the trigger, it's not a problem...Mine once on the pin wouldn't spin.
Well, I gave it the old college try AGAIN and I got it to work. Not quite sure what I did. I think it was a combination of several small things. Trigger feels better. Some take up, very little creep and noticeably lighter. Reset is pretty non-existent. Don't hardly feel it reset, but that isn't much different than my RX in that respect. My compact still has a nice reset, and probably has the best trigger overall out of my P320s. Not a big deal with me as I don't ride the reset anyhow. I don't think I bent the trigger return spring either.

Anyhow, my little drama is now over. What a PITA it was!!

Thanks to everyone who chimed in with suggestions and support.

Banned
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I gave it the old college try AGAIN and I got it to work. Not quite sure what I did. I think it was a combination of several small things. Trigger feels better. Some take up, very little creep and noticeably lighter. Reset is pretty non-existent. Don't hardly feel it reset, but that isn't much different than my RX in that respect. My compact still has a nice reset, and probably has the best trigger overall out of my P320s. Not a big deal with me as I don't ride the reset anyhow. I don't think I bent the trigger return spring either.

Anyhow, my little drama is now over. What a PITA it was!!

Thanks to everyone who chimed in with suggestions and support.
Excellent Jim...Glad to hear you persevered!

Banned
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Well, I had only planned on shooting 200rds tonight...
But, with 21rd mags that sure goes by quickly...ended up closer to 300.

Man, this pistol is a sweet shooter...
The ergonomics of the X-frame are near perfect for me.

Attached are a few photos of my range for the evening and one of my targets:
Head shots @15yds, and Torso @25yrds.

Hold the snickering to a minimum please...I have previously stated I am no crack shot, but I do have fun!

Attachments

Registered
Nice shooting! I know what you mean, my first trip to the range I was thinking just a quick 100 to sight in the Romeo and check it out...that turned into 300 rounds quickly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.