SIG Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. I'm looking for some help here. I received a full-size steel 9mm last week and have taken it to the range for some casual, unstudied use. First impression though, is that is shoots lower than I'd expect at 7-10 yards. So here goes, let me know if you can help.

1) Sight picture. They're supposed to be combat sights (I bought this new, it's a recent IWI model) and I believe they are, I just don't know how I'm supposed to aim! I understand front and rear tops are supposed to be level, but initially is seems like a 6 o'clock hold would make shots preposterously low. Maybe center of mass? More likely the dot on top of what I want to hit.

I know I wasn't careful first time and ammo makes a difference etc., just looking for some general guidance here. I might try some Liberty Civil Defense to see how good I can get on target, for comparison.

- So what should my sight picture look like? And ...
-If within the realm of possibility (though unlikely) that it shoots low, how could I fix it?

I do appreciate any help you can offer.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have a 941 FS. Great gun that handles recoil extremely well. I've shot mine from time to time in a local IDPA league so the majority of my shooting with the gun is between 4 and 12 yards. I've had luck using a combat sight picture...basically the front sight dot covers the spot I'm trying to hit. I've run quite a few different kinds of ammo through it with no noticed difference in accuracy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.