SIG Talk banner

iwb holster with tucked in shirt

2917 9
I own several Sig firearms, but picked up my first 938 last week. I'm interested in getting feedback on IWB holsters people are wearing with tucked in shirts. Pros and cons for your holster.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,867 Posts
I carry a P239/9 in a Milt Sparks VMII. I bought the plastic clips so I can use it with a tucked in shirt. It just doesn't seem to me that it can work without having a big visible bulge on your side. I haven't tried it to know for sure. Maybe your 938 will work as it's much smaller than my P239.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I carry IWB with a standard Remora clip holster. ( not made for tuck) I've tried tuck holsters and IMO the added thickness to allow for the tuck feature makes the holster thicker and less concealable. Also, pulling the shirt up from the tuck holster is more cumbersome than w/o a tuck holster. I just tuck my shirt in around the gun and leave enough of a natural "fall" in the shirt around the waist to almost completely conceal. Typically , if you stretch your arms up, your shirt will pull up from the waste. When you relax, the shirt has what is sometimes called a "fall", a natural looseness. In my case, it's enough to conceal my P938, or LCP, or snubby.
That's just me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Take a look at the Alien Gear holsters, the most comfortable IWB I've ever worn. Shirt will tuck in behind the clips but of course, not deeply. Other I've had that was ok was Crossbreed but I like the AG systems better.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I still cannot find a holster that looks good with a shirt tucked in. I have tried with everything from a P229 to G43. The G43 looks the best but you can still notice that something is there.

I have also been called out because of the clips showing. So I just don't even bother to tuck it in. If I need to have a shirt tucked in, then I will throw a very light sport coat on.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Stealth gear holster will tuck well, but it takes some practice to get dressed. The first few times it can be very frustrating, but it does get easier to tuck in your shirt. Trick is to attach/buckle your belt loose then tuck everywhere else first, leaving enough slack over the holster, the tuck the remaining material over the gun bulge then into the clips. Then tighten your belt.

Eric with Side Guard Holster makes some REALLY nice custom tuckable leather holsters. I Highly recommend them.
http://www.sideguardholsters.com/holsters/TuckClip.htm

·
Registered
95 Posts
I carry a Ruger LC9s in a Stealthgear Onyx holster using v-clips to hold it to A Better Belt with a Velcro lining. In addition to being very comfortable the clips are hidden behind the belt. When I tuck my shirt and slightly blouse it the pistol is very well concealed. The LC is about the same size as a P938.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
606 Posts
N82 Tactical pro version. Only IWB that puts suede material between you and the grips. Single clip version works fine for me but they do have a new version with dual clips if you prefer that style. Only one I use after trying many of the others mentioned above including Alien and Stealth.

Tucks easily with T and polo shirts. Dress shirts with long sides and a lot of material not as well, although it sounds like many don't work well with dress shirts. I will ankle carry when I need to wear dress shirts. P238 is good for pocket. For me, the P938 is a little heavy for pocket use depending on what type of pants you wear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.