Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Something that just popped out of my head was has anyone have any pictures side-by-side comparing the different IWB tuckable holsters from the popular brands like Alien Gear, Galco, Desantis, Crossbreed etc?

I've always wondered how differently did they look side-by-side and also which one has the pancake that extends the furthest out to reach the beavertail on the Elite models (Legion included).

I'd also love to hear about what your opinions are on the material used and how comfortable they are compared against each other. The main issue is that I've never really heard much about people that have actually used one over the other and was looking to get the forum's take on it, and pictures too!

I guess primarily, I'm looking at the differences of an Alien Gear 3.5 cloak tuck, Galco Kingtuk, Galco Kingtuk Air, Desantis Intruder, Desantis Invader, Crossbreed tuckable and the like.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

·
Banned
33 Posts
I have tried a number of IWB holsters in a short time. I landed on a very hybrid Black Arch Protos-M, but that is for a sub compact HK P30SK. I really can't imagine wearing my P226 IWB and having it be comfortable, and I am 6'4" / 215lbs.

Would be interested to see how common IWB with a P226 size gun is. I don't doubt some must do it.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have tried a number of IWB holsters in a short time. I landed on a very hybrid Black Arch Protos-M, but that is for a sub compact HK P30SK. I really can't imagine wearing my P226 IWB and having it be comfortable, and I am 6'4" / 215lbs.

Would be interested to see how common IWB with a P226 size gun is. I don't doubt some must do it.
I had a custom (albeit cheaper) made leather iwb pancake style holster and it served me well, however, due to use the holster is giving way and I think it may be time to invest in a better holster that is a mix of kydex and leather/mesh. I honestly don't mind it with a proper belt and good fitting trousers. I could've sworn there are more on here that use the full size IWB but I just can't find the same thread, nor remember if they mentioned what holsters were they running and if they got to compare one brand over the other. Thank you for the input and I'll check Black Arch's products out!

I prefer dual loop leather holsters. The Milt Sparks VM II is the gold-standard for IWB holsters.
Interesting, I believe this is what Federal Agents usually use with their 229's in the movies too right? I'll be sure to check them out. My main thought process with them is there seems to be not much cushioning from the "pancake" on the skin side of it, especially to the point reaching the beavertails, do you find that the holster is designed well enough for the tail not to dig into you even if you're in an awkward position?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.