SIG Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the other side now. No I'm not a Democrat. Yesterday I received my first Kydex "Plastic" holster and I love it. I went with The Cleveland Kydex Co. Quick Ship Custom Holster-OWB High Speed. It's the smallest Kydex I could find on line. It fits my new H&K like a glove; so far, no adjustment needed. The gun snaps into place, stays in place, and draws easily. Here's the kicker - No Break In Period like leather. I haven't used it in public yet, but I did strut around the house last night drawing on everything non human like stereo speakers, the TV - unloaded of course.

Iv'e been a leather guy all my life thinking "Them plastic holsters is for kids". Well this 'Ol Dog has learned a new trick.

ps I've removed the phrase "Plastic Holster" from my vocabulary and replaced it with "Kydex Holster".

Happy Trails Folks.

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
Good on you!

A plastic gun deserves a plastic holster!

Both the plastics are still in my vocabulary, but not on my side . . . leather and metal it is for me. This ol' dog is done learning new tricks. :)

And this is the only striker I'll be using any time soon (here's your pic!):

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
I doubt I'll ever use a leather holster again. Granted, it was somewhat of a difficult transition, but once I made it I never looked back. Congrats!

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
I doubt I'll ever use a leather holster again. Granted, it was somewhat of a difficult transition, but once I made it I never looked back. Congrats!
Well yeah, but you'r using plastic Glocks, any material worn off the pistol is just as likely to wear right back off the holster onto the gun the next go round. Except for the risk of plastic friction welding things together if you try to draw too fast . . . how could you even tell?:p

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Well yeah, but you'r using plastic Glocks, any material worn off the pistol is just as likely to wear right back off the holster onto the gun the next go round. Except for the risk of plastic friction welding things together if you try to draw too fast . . . how could you even tell?:p
I can't! One of the many advantages to going plastic. :cool:

·
Registered
55,927 Posts
congratulations, i've got 2 that performed well when i was using them.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not me, but too close to home. We're watching the news right now looking to see more on the incident.

Reactions: Mills
1 - 16 of 16 Posts