SIG Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find anything on anyone cutting TXG grip online, so I figured I'll do it, and see what happens.
I know SIG sells the XCarry TXG, but it's $250 + tax, and it doesn't include the tungsten grip weight and magwell, which I wanted. With weight and magwell it's $350 +tax I believe.
Anyways, I got one from someone at half price basically, and as soon as I got home I got to it.

"Measure twice, cut once!"

I used a fine metal saw, a 300 grid, then a 600 grid sandpaper.
At the end I just had to sand the bevels at the tip to match the slide.
If you ever wanted a TXG Compact, because they don't sell those, here's how to do it!

Trigger Air gun Wood Font Gun barrel

Vertebrate Air gun Trigger Mammal Gun barrel

Trigger Grey Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

Attachments

·
Registered
Sig P365XL Swampfox Sentinel - Sig P320 X-Compact Romeo 1 Pro - Sig P320 X5 MAX
36 Posts
I def think your onto something - i have an P320X-Compact & a P320-MAX - (as well as a P365XL)

But for the sake of the thread - the X compact fits my hands MUCH better i put the wilson combat grip and Tungsten weights in the frame and use it for EDC when not carrying my P365XL...

And i use my MAX for competition- and love the TXG - however it is just overall too big for my hands - i would love to size it down to more of a X-Compact size - Like you did with the carry size.

Id 100% use a service like this - I think you found a side hustle/business - LOL
Air gun Trigger Grey Machine gun Line
Air gun Trigger Wood Line Gun barrel
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry
Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Wood

Air gun Trigger Grey Machine gun Line
Air gun Trigger Wood Line Gun barrel
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry
Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Wood

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I def think your onto something - i have an P320X-Compact & a P320-MAX - (as well as a P365XL)

But for the sake of the thread - the X compact fits my hands MUCH better i put the wilson combat grip and Tungsten weights in the frame and use it for EDC when not carrying my P365XL...

And i use my MAX for competition- and love the TXG - however it is just overall too big for my hands - i would love to size it down to more of a X-Compact size - Like you did with the carry size.

Id 100% use a service like this - I think you found a side hustle/business - LOL View attachment 477410 View attachment 477412 View attachment 477413 View attachment 477414

View attachment 477410 View attachment 477412 View attachment 477413 View attachment 477414
I'll do it to for you if you trust me with your parts. Yours would be #0000002
I have a lase engraver too, I should number them.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I couldn't find anything on anyone cutting TXG grip online, so I figured I'll do it, and see what happens.
I know SIG sells the XCarry TXG, but it's $250 + tax, and it doesn't include the tungsten grip weight and magwell, which I wanted. With weight and magwell it's $350 +tax I believe.
Anyways, I got one from someone at half price basically, and as soon as I got home I got to it.

"Measure twice, cut once!"

I used a fine metal saw, a 300 grid, then a 600 grid sandpaper.
At the end I just had to sand the bevels at the tip to match the slide.
If you ever wanted a TXG Compact, because they don't sell those, here's how to do it!

View attachment 477385

View attachment 477383

View attachment 477386
Clearly you didn't see my post ;). Looks good man. Still need to bevel mine.

TXG cut frame

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Id 100% use a service like this - I think you found a side hustle/business - LOL View attachment 477410 View attachment 477412 View attachment 477413 View attachment 477414

View attachment 477410 View attachment 477412 View attachment 477413 View attachment 477414
I have a 320 Max, and a 365 XMacro on the way. Can't wait to try them!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That looks great but I don’t think I have the skill or guts to ever try something like that.👍
Thanks!
I went through all the steps that I'll have to take, cut, sand, bevel. Try to calculate how much extra should i leave, and measure everything twice. I figured, if i mess it up, I could still try to make an XCompact out of it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts