SIG Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last week I whined ON GID about my new Sig P320 shooting low. This afternoon I checked it out the right way and found "It's ME not the GUN!" - What most of them were telling me all along.

When I got to the club, I set up 4 4" circle 1 targets, moved the bench to 40 feet and started with my G34 with Vortex Venom. I propped my pistol up on a roll of Garbage Bags and 2 Gun Bags, held it very steady and fired 2 shots at the upper left hand target, until the battery died on my red dot.

Then I turned to the Sig, with open sights bench rested, and shot 5 rounds at the lower left.

After I was satisfied that the Sig was actually NOT the cause of last week's low shots, I fired 10 rounds free hand (Modified Weaver stance) at the top right and then 2 more mags at the bottom right target.

I tried to remember everything I've been taught about stance, grip and trigger finger, and felt like I got it mostly right

That left me with 13 rounds left in my box of 115 gn Blazer Brass, so I partially loaded up my 2 Sig mags again, stepped back to 15 yards and finished off the box.

When I stopped earlier at a LGS to get some ammo for a friend, I asked the salesman/Professional instructor about a problem with Sig sights, and he agreed my problem had something to do with the difference in grip angles of the Glock and Sig, and I should bench rest the Sig and try it that way before making any modifications. No argument from me, as that was already my plan.

Glad it was because it turns out "it WAS me, not the pistol!"

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And no, I was not using 6 O'Clock hold last week - I WAS covering the target with the front sight. The problem had to be all in my grip and/or trigger finger.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Professional instructor/Gun Stop Clerk told me the SIG angle was "UN-NATURAL"

Guess it depends what you're used to.

Reactions: GenuineImitation
1 - 5 of 5 Posts