SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I started another thread about the X-Six in B&W since my search for a Blue Moon only resulted in finding X-Fives. Not that I wouldn't have been happy with a five but for the money spent I wanted a six. Thanks to everyone who said they are worth every penny. After procrastinating about getting any MasterShop Sig for months I started looking. Got this baby new for $2,749 shipped to my FFL. I saw it up for sale twice, no one bought it. Two weeks later googling around I stumbled on the expired auction. I contacted the dealer and it was still there.

My X-Six Blue Moon arrived and I shot it for the first time this evening.
I shot 20 rds at 6 yards, and another 20-some rounds at 7 yards. I am ecstatic with the gun and how it performed. I did some shots at 10 yards as well, but was in a mix with shots from my p228 (the real p228) that I also took with me. After tearing up some holes in the red I started plinking away at different numbers, you could say I called the shots. By the way I am not a long time professional shooter, just a hobbyist who started shooting about a year ago.

·
Registered
6,791 Posts
You lucky, lucky,lucky dog!!

That's absolutely gorgeous!

I cannot say enough good about the Level 1 pistols.

And that's some mighty fine shooting!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Nice shootin! Congrats on the new piece. Those 6 inchers are some serious iron. It seems like you would barely even feel the recoil with something that size.

Whisked to you by a cloud of fairy dust

·
Registered
591 Posts
Congrats Canonian!!!!

I am curious, how sparkly metallic is that blue metal? I have not seen one close up in person and could never tell from photos whether it was more sparkly or more flecky.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Congrats Canonian!!!!
I am curious, how sparkly metallic is that blue metal? I have not seen one close up in person and could never tell from photos whether it was more sparkly or more flecky.
It is actually a deeper blue than the photo I posted, which on my calibrated screen looks ligher that actual and slightly more purple. I had to take a photo with my phone at the gun range and it did a good job but the color in the photo is off. Is it not sparkly. I'm going to shoot it later today and will try to get better photos.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Very interesting, I'm sure it shoots great, I wish I could see it up close because it is one of a kind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts