SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
a issue with my brand new p320c, i never shot with it for now, brand new out of the box.

if i push up the slide catch of course the slide locks open, like normal, but, sometimes if rack the slide, the slide still open, with out slide catch, 2/3 mm from the normal open position with slide catch.
so if i operate the slide release or pull the slide back without magazine for release the slide, nothing happen!
i have to shake a little bit and with a lot of amount of strength i'm able to close it like normal.

if i put a empty magazine, the slide still open with slide catch like normal, so the problem is not the slide catch.

WHAT IS THIS?

thank you!

·
Registered
571 Posts
That is fine. It needs a few hundred rounds to break in.

If you pull back on the slide just a small amount and move the guide rod just a bit, you can feel it release. My Compact did this for at least 50 rounds and now it's fine. Just needs to break in.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hi all!
a issue with my brand new p320c, i never shot with it for now, brand new out of the box.

if i push up the slide catch of course the slide locks open, like normal, but, sometimes if rack the slide, the slide still open, with out slide catch, 2/3 mm from the normal open position with slide catch.
so if i operate the slide release or pull the slide back without magazine for release the slide, nothing happen!
i have to shake a little bit and with a lot of amount of strength i'm able to close it like normal.

if i put a empty magazine, the slide still open with slide catch like normal, so the problem is not the slide catch.

WHAT IS THIS?

thank you!

Mine also did this but not every time.. just intermitently. After a good cleaning/lube, and after my first range visit (150 rounds), never happened again and the gun shot flawlessly.

I'm now at 550 rounds.. Still perfect!

Reactions: stefanomapo

·
Registered
604 Posts
My compact did not do this. My subcompact kit did however do this. I was able to resolve the issue before firing it by fully cleaning the kit and then greasing the barrel (round and flat surfaces), rails, inside of the slide where the barrel slides and anything that slides.

After a good cleaning and greasing the issue is 100% gone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.