SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, what are your pistols of choice and why?

I carry a Sig p365, but like my Beretta M9A1 with TRL-1s for home defense. I like the extra capacity with the Beretta, as well as its girth. That may change the more I train with the 365, though.

Obviously, if you use a rifle or shotgun for home defense, this question does not apply to your situation...

·
Registered
681 Posts
My every day carry (Sid Legion 229 SAO)stays in the holster and in my jeans on the floor. My nightstand gun (xdm with tLR) is right next to me. And am AR in the closet. And my wife’s XDM next to her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Old West

·
Registered
467 Posts
P365 for EDC. M17 Bravo in biometric bedside safe. Mossberg Shockwave and Ruger PCC in the gun cabinet if more firepower is called for.

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
EDC is generally a Beretta Pico which gets placed at night right next to a SW99 in 45ACP

I know... caliber war... but bigger is better especially when the pistol doesn't have to do anything but sit there. No to mention the DA/SA trigger is superb. It also tickles my buttons having both Walther and S&W logos on the pistol on a half German half American made frankengun.

I like that the SW99 uses the same sort of style magazine release as the Pico and my fav 9mm, the P99 (lever on the bottom of the trigger guard, rather than a button on the side). Makes for a manual of arms that is close enough.

10 shots of .45 with a quick new york reload of .380 right next to it make me feel pretty well prepared.

Of course not far from that is a 20 gauge loaded with 20 pellets of #3 buckshot, body armor and an AR-15 if things really get cranked up to 11.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I typically EDC my 365 and it spends my sleeping hours on the nightstand by the bed next to my quick-access safe. The quick-access safe contains my Glock 22 currently chambered in .357 Sig along with its associated weapon light. The Glock is my home defense pistol due to its superior firepower (caliber and capacity), size, and attached light. I'd be comfortable using either gun in a pinch, but if there's time I'll grab the Glock.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
EDC is a S&W 642 Airweight, .38 spec., loaded with Liberty Civil Defense 50grn JHP, strip loader and Boker Kalashnikov Automatic.

Nightstand gun is a Sig p320c, loaded with Sig V-Crown 124grn JHP, night sights, weapons light, two extra 15rd mags. Plus an Inforce flashlight and another Boker Kalashnikov Auto knife.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
If so, what are your pistols of choice and why?

I carry a Sig p365, but like my Beretta M9A1 with TRL-1s for home defense. I like the extra capacity with the Beretta, as well as its girth. That may change the more I train with the 365, though.

Obviously, if you use a rifle or shotgun for home defense, this question does not apply to your situation...
I have a bed holster.....slips between mattress and box spring....Beretta M9, there every nite.....carry my P238 or M&P Shield 9 M2.0..........

·
Registered
13 Posts
My CCW is a Sig P290RS. Living in a city, I prioritize concealment above capacity. No ancillary equipment is attached (light, laser, tactical bottle opener). Add in the fact that there's no safety, and has a DOA trigger, it's pretty straightforward to operate should I ever be pressured to draw/fire.

For home defense, I have an HK USPc with a mounted light and 13rd mags. Since I'm not worried about concealment in this case, I can put more emphasis on capacity, and have the luxury of equipping it with a WML.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the same FN509T as well. Great gun and really accurate.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My EDC is the P365, which spends the night in a safe. My nightstand pistol is the P320-M17 with Streamlight TLR-7 and soon to be Leupold Deltapoint Pro reflex sight. Though my wife's EDC and nightstand pistol are the same, the Glock 48. We also have quick access to my CMMG Resolute 300 Mk4 5.56mm semi-auto rifle, which is equipped with the Holosun 510C GR reflex sight and loaded with 30 rounds of self-defense 55 grain hollow point ammo. Perhaps the 5.56mm rifle is overkill (no pun intended!), but I like having the rifle "at the ready" if needed.

·
Registered
934 Posts
EDC is a HKp2000sk in 9mm. It sits on night stand at night but I also have my G23 with enforce WML HD pistol in a mattress holster within close hands reach. And if that’s not enough my Sig M400 with red dot and WML is close too. It’s 30 rounds of .556 with SD rounds.

·
Registered
221 Posts
P365 has taken over EDC duties pretty much full time. Just a super easy gun to carry. Nightstand gun is FNX .45 Tactical with Trijicon RMR and Streamlight TLR-1...extra capacity and well a .45 ACP is just a cool round.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Yes. And it's kept in a safe keyed to my fingerprint.

·
Registered
378 Posts
EDC = Performance Center S&W M&P Shield 45 with Light/Laser

HD = Full Size S&W M&P Shield 9 with light and laser.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts