SIG Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I recently ordered a P226 Legion directly from SIG (got it at a discount). It arrived at my FFL today with rails looking like my Elite Dark with 600 rounds through it and like someone had filed the frame under the slide stop. I didn't accept it yet because of the condition. I've never seen a new SIG look this rough out of the box. Is this normal and I should just get over it and pick it up, or should I tell them to send it back and give me a refund? I know it'll shoot, but I'm not into paying $1100 for a gun that looks like either it was lightly used and returned, or at best the new guy in the shop made a few mistakes putting it together.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's just strange. I would not accept it just because you don't know what else got messed up on it. Just my $.02

·
Registered
11,560 Posts
Wear like that would not trouble me after several hundred rounds, but NIB from the factory? True, they are test fired before shipping but that seems very unusual, even troubling.

It would be a serious test of willpower but I'd pass on it.

·
Registered
55,915 Posts
someone took it for a test drive, a tough pill to swallow on supposedly nib.
i'd be thinking seriously about sending it back..

welcome from az

·
Registered
438 Posts
That's a whole lot of nope right there, for me anyway. If it was discounted as a blem or refurbished then that would be one thing. For NIB that's unacceptable.

·
Registered
22,203 Posts
Pretty normal for a Legion.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Welcome from another Virginian!
I wouldn't accept it. It doesn't matter what it will look like later. New is new, and that's what you are paying for- discount or not.

Reactions: Bistro

·
Registered
8,406 Posts
Pretty normal for a Legion.

Whatever appeal Legion's have on the masses is lost on me, scuttled by the apparent lack of finish durability. So I'm looking at that example with a sidelong glance to begin with. As others and the OP suggest, that hardly looks like it should have shipped as a new gun. I'd decline it.

Even the trigger bar reset tab looks to have a shiny flat spot on it's top, that doesn't happen with only a couple of mags through the gun.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have a one month old P226 Legion. I shot and cleaned it today and I always pay close attention to guns when I clean them so my Legion is still fresh in my memory since I cleaned it just a few hours ago. I have 200 - 250 rounds through mine and it has less ware than yours. The rear of my frame barely has any visible ware on it and yours is shiny. I'm sure its not hurt any but still you paid for a new gun discount or no discount and you got a well used gun instead.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just noticed my NIB 226 Legion has some gold marks at two similar spots but seems much lighter. Just wondering if the gold marks there shouldn't be expected at all for a NIB Legion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have over 6K rounds through my P229 legion in 9mm. I have the gold under layer showing through on the outside edges of the frame (your second pic) yours looks different, it has an odd wear pattern. PHD10 post above shows the same type of wear I have, but mine is much more pronounced. I have no wear at all under the slide lock like you show in pic 3. That looks really odd. Not sure about your rail, I have no wear at all like that, my rails look fine. If you want the finish to look good you need to get a silicone cloth. It makes the Legion finish shine nicely.

I would send that gun back. I would not take it at all unless they told you it was a factory refurb and that's why you got a good deal on it.

V

1 - 13 of 13 Posts