SIG Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just ordered my first CCW and it is a Sig P238 Nitron with a Sig laser. I suppose I should have asked this question before I ordered with a laser, but is there a laser that actuates with a touch of the trigger or can the one I have ordered be modified somehow to do this?

·
Registered
8,473 Posts
Yes, there's a "grip button"* activated laser by Crimson Trace, the LG-492. Pricier than the Sig branded laser, but has better reviews, at least in terms of reliability. The Sig version has been problematic from the reviews I've read.

The Crimson Trace one goes on sale from time to time.

*The activation button is part of the laser housing, a thin extension that positions the button on the front of the gun's grip so that your middle finger of your shooting hand will press on the button. Works well.

The single downside of the Crimson Trace is that a holster made for the gun without a laser will often not fit - - so a Kydex or leather holster will typically be made to accommodate the gun with laser. This is the same as the Sig branded laser of course.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn. I ordered the P238 with a Sig laser, thinking only that I was getting a good price because it came in at just under $700. I ordered it Wednesday last week and put down a $100 deposit. Unsure if I can ask them to change my order and put a different laser on it, but I suppose it cannot hurt to try.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And guess what? I just got an e-mail notifying me that they are shipping it WITHOUT the laser, because they screwed up my order! (I am really hoping that is the only thing they messed up) My reply was "No problem. That just gives me the freedom to shop for a laser on my own. But since the cost WITH the laser is $635, what is the cost with out it?"

No reply to that one yet, but I only sent it a few minutes ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts