SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states I'm wondering what everyone's experience is with pocket carrying a 938? Is it do able? I don't wear skinny jeans but not super baggy either. Summer is cargo shorts so I feel I'd be fine in the shorts but jeans concerns me

·
Registered
10 Posts
I front pocket carry mine every day. Did the same for a P238 for 6-8 months or so. jeans and Dockers both. Sure it prints a bit, but I some habit changes help. I've never been called out or asked if I carry.

I use a Desantis SuperFly for now. The extra "cover" does break up the contour, but it also makes reliable and fast grip pretty questionable. Frankly I don't intend to get into a situation where a fast draw is a requirement. I carry for outride murder and terrorist situation only. Things, money, cars, and etc, are not worth human life. Mine or others.

The habit changes? I carry my wallet and cell phone in my other from pants pocket now. The weight left to right is more balanced, and I've not "something" in both my front pockets.

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
I have tried it, but just doesn't work on me. My 340PD in an Uncle Mike's is fine, but not the 938. It's flat enough, but the grip sticks up too much.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I only had mine a few weeks but I pocket carried np. I had a Smitty BG to carry before so 938 a bit heavier but still comfortable. I have never carried it with shorts but nothing a good belt and the right shirt can't take care of. 938 is pocket carry friendly for casual wear.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I sometimes pocket carry my P938. When I do it's in an Alabama pocket holster.

I pocket carried it tonight, wearing dark dress slacks and a sport coat.

I've been able to carry it in Cabelas classic cargo pants (the ones that have a pocket on top of a pocket). I put my keys and other small items in the outer pocket. That breaks up the outline of the pistol really well.

For me, it's a little too big and prints too much in dockers or jeans. I usually carry it IWB in a Stealthgear holster when I'm wearing dockers or jeans.

HTH

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
No man should ever wear "skinny jeans".

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have tried it, but just doesn't work on me. My 340PD in an Uncle Mike's is fine, but not the 938. It's flat enough, but the grip sticks up too much.
I agree. And as it would for most people in jeans, I'd think, without the cover of the SuperFly. Maybe not, but for me that really breaks up the obvious "That's a gun grip!" print.

This way its a "that's a... *** is that?" print. Could be a phone, a battery pack, an insulin meter, darn near anything. And in dress slacks its non-issue.

BTW, pleated dockers help too.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I pocket carry my 938 almost exclusively in a Remora holster (though I do occasionally carry OWB in a leather pancake holster). The 938 is easy to pocket carry in shorts and in Dockers-type pants. Loose jeans work ok, but can be a bit more difficult mainly due to the size of the pocket opening.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I OWB carry my 938 in a Wright leather holster. Too big for my pants and I can't credibly claim the bulge to be something else. I can borderline pocket my 238 but prefer it IWB. The only gun I'm fine pocket carrying is my LCP in a Remora holster. Very small and discreet. It's good to have options.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I pocket carry mine in a galco, pocket holster. It works find. Have worn it in shorts, jeans, dress pants. My wife is unable to pocket carry it, as women's clothing seems to have much smaller pockets then those in men's clothing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My answer to this is the same as when I replied to your posting of the question over on another forum;)
I pocket carry my p938 in jeans front pocket many times during any given week with no problem at all. If I'm going to carry IWB (which is what I prefer most of the time) it's going to be a much larger gun like my G17.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I carry my p938 in the right front pocket if my Levi's and cargo shorts in a DeSantis Nemesis holster. Yes - it works ok but I find it much easier to pocket carry my Ruger LCP - also in a Nemesis holster. The LCP is a bit smaller and almost half the weight when loaded. I guess I'm just lazy - I purchased the p938 with every intent to have it replace the LCP as my daily carry but it never happened.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I purchased the p938 with every intent to have it replace the LCP as my daily carry but it never happened.
I previously pocket carried an LCP Custom. The 938 has replaced my LCP. Being retired in Florida, I wear shorts pretty regularly and the 938 works fine in those pockets as well as in casual pants pockets. I carry OWB when wearing jeans, though the 938 would work in a pocket. It's not as comfortable as the LCP to pocket carry in jeans for me.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ive only ever carried mine in my RF pocket. I use a desantis superfly holster without the flap. Never an issue for comfort. jeans, shorts, dress type pants, its all ok. Even riding my bike, when I might be bunched up and where it could dig into my thigh, no problem. It just doesn't do it.

as for those who carry such a small gun owb, or iwb, and Ive even read some were using shoulder holsters..... That's not why I bought this gun. Its my QUICK, grab and go pistol. I don't ever have to think about a belt, what pockets do I have, which holster, what shirt to cover..... walk out the door and I'm off.

I have bigger guns with more capacity if I decide to go that route (usually in fall/winter).

·
Registered
458 Posts
I started pocket carrying with a Ruger LPC. I moved up to a Sig P-238 Equinox over ten years ago. I bought a Remora clip less holster and half the time switched to IWB carry. I bought the 938 and another Remora for it and find that almost always its carried IWB. Living in Las Vegas and retired shorts and tee shirts are the uniform of the day most of the year. I find it more comfortable to carry IWB than in a pocket.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.