SIG Talk banner

Is Slip 725 Gun Cleaner safe to use on p320?

1144 2
So I'm just curious, is using Slip 2000's gun cleaner going to affect the frame or finish in any way? I think I've heard that Hoppes isn't good for the frame, but am not sure. Are there any cleaning products or solvents I should avoid? I usually just use Breakfree CLP, but honestly the smell is wearing on me. Just trying to find something else to use.

Also, is it okay to clean a gun with CLP that has another lubricant on it? I'd imagine some cleaners would not mix well...
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
I use Slip2K on all my barrel lubrication points and its great. Stays put and lubricious. I haven't had any issues on any of my slides.

I use Lucas Gun Grease on the slide/frame interface.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The 725 is perfectly safe to use on polymer. I use it to clean my P320 when it's really dirty (otherwise I just clean and lube it with EWL). Slip2000 lubes and cleaners are a good choice if you're looking for odor-free products.

As for mixing, it's generally not a good idea to mix lubricants with different bases. Mixing a bio based lube, like Froglube, with a petroleum based lube can result in a gummy mess.

Edit: One quick note about the 725 cleaner. It is a degreaser and will clean all oils/lubricants off of the slide, and since the slide has a W DLC coating, it can sometimes look grayish, chalky, and even blotchy when totally degreased. Once you lube it up, it will return to its deep black color.

Second Edit: What to avoid: most all cleaners advertised for firearms will be safe, but avoid chlorinated cleaners, such as chlorinated brake cleaner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.