SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much research, test shooting and conferring with experts, I concluded that the 9mm P938 has the optimal blend of portability and performance. Its small size and range accuracy are ideally matched. It was accurate out of the box at 45 feet and easily fits into a pocket. Yes, the early roll outs were flawed and the gun has some interesting complexities (e.g. lack of ease to assemble/disassemble). But, overall, it fills the bill better than any other small handgun out there. One person's opinion. How do others feel because I want to buy another small handgun?

·
Registered
304 Posts
overall, it fills the bill better than any other small handgun out there.
Or, an XDs in 9mm or 45

or, Sig p290

or, Glock 26

or, micro 1911

or, j-frame revolver.............see where I'm going with this? :huh:

Many guns for many tastes, but there has never been a "best" concealed carry pistol!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree with your opinions completely. I've tried a Springfield XDM compact, was to thick and heavy. Then I purchased an XDs, was to heavy. Glock 21, its gigantic. So I decided pocket carry was the direction I should go since shoulder holsters didn't work for me and I hate things hanging off my belt or in my waist band.

Purchased the p938 equinox (wanted the scorpion but its not shipping yet) yesterday. I test shot it before and loved the accuracy. I think the recoil is a bit much for this type of gun but that's just my opinion.

Now to find a pocket holster.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have tried pretty much every other subcompact 9 there is, my friends have had them all at one point or another, and my little Nightmare is my best buddy. I have a good 1000 rounds through the little pistol, and I love it more every time I take it out. Switching to a SAO platform after toting a S&W 3913 DA/SA took a lot of practice, now I try to de-safety the Smith when I shoot it. It is stupid accurate (for a tiny pistol), not abusive at all to shoot (barring the 124gr +P Short Barrel Gold Dots I got for it) and is a hoot to let other people shoot. It is universally loved in our group, and a few guys have them on their next purchase list.

I don't find the P938 hard to disassemble or put back together, it takes a modest amount of technique, but after taking it down probably 30 times by now it's no more a chore than any other semi. Once you have a little muscle memory it is quick and easy.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
There is a "best" CC pistol for everyone. But that pistol will not be the same for everyone.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Hands down, the best pistol is the: <Insert manufactuers name here> <Insert model name here> chambered in <insert ammo type here> when dealing with <insert intended use here>.

Even for me I don't have a best pistol for CCW when running around town, sometimes I like my P226 in 9mm, sometimes I want my P229 in .40, and other times I want my 1911 in .45. If I were to go run around the woods and have to worry about bears I would want my .44mag revolver if I was restricted to a pistol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I go between my P938 Equinox and my XDs .45. I love them both for different reasons. If the P938 fills the bill for you, I'd say go for it. You won't be sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
27 Posts
After much research, test shooting and conferring with experts, I concluded that the 9mm P938 has the optimal blend of portability and performance. Its small size and range accuracy are ideally matched. It was accurate out of the box at 45 feet and easily fits into a pocket. Yes, the early roll outs were flawed and the gun has some interesting complexities (e.g. lack of ease to assemble/disassemble). But, overall, it fills the bill better than any other small handgun out there. One person's opinion. How do others feel because I want to buy another small handgun?
I came to the same conclusion. I've got quite a few concealed carry pistols, and have been carrying for decades. I bought a 938 Rosewood a few months ago and fell in love with it. So much so, that I bought a second one a few weeks ago, the SAS model.(and I'm a poor boy!). They carry, for ME, so much easier than baby Glocks and J frames. Doggone thing is just about the size of my 238's, with a fair amount more horsepower. Good, good shooters too. Very easy to hit with.

Skip

·
Registered
312 Posts
P938 is the best but it ties with the M&P Shield 9mm. I have both and love both. They are my 2 EDCs

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I have a few, stash guns, and would agree for a little bitty 9 they are great. Was so happy when I saw them especially after a few 238s that I thought were crap. And they are accurate. Although triggers are crap, same as the 238.
I would carry maybe in shorts with a T but primarily it's a Ultra 1911.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
36,527 Posts
I had a 8/12 extreme and after Sig repaired it I traded it off on an EMP-40. I got an XDs and really like it for pocket carry.
I was at a gun show in Nov. 13 and there was an SAS 938 on sale at a good price.
With little preplanning I was back in the 938 business. They both fit my pocket, but the 938 does it just a little better.
I carry a spare mag in a cell phone case, and it blends in completely. Already had the phone case so much the better.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
I would not buy a 938.

I have a Ruger LC9 and leave the safety off and it is superb. Totally reliable, accurate, and no safety to worry about.

·
Registered
65 Posts
As far as size and feel go the 938 has no equal. They are accurate also.
However, the reliability of this model is questionable at best. So, not the best edc for me.

·
Registered
479 Posts
The best EDC gun is ... the one you actually carry. Period.

For me, I went with, and am happy with my Nano. I just didn't want a safety. I also couldn't get past the excessive price difference.

Reactions: cadman88
1 - 20 of 36 Posts