SIG Talk banner

Is P229 Legion Same Shape as P229R?

4154 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  bblr
Howdy,

Looking to get an IWB and am pretty sure the P229R has the same profile/shape as the Legion.

But want to make sure before I go through with that.

While on the topic I love Crossbreed and will probably get another but any other favorites?

Edit: Looks like Crossbreed has a designation of :Sig 229 w/ Rail (full cocking serrations). Does the Legion have full cocking serrations what ever they may be?

Thanks,

EBM
Reactions: bearone2
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, look at the website.
Thanks,

I see the models I want from Crossbreed Seconds but these are non-returnable so want to make 100% sure.

BTW I bought one Crossbreed Seconds and it was like brand new and ~$40 cheaper than brand new. You can get more used one for even less.

Plus they are in stock and ship right away!

Quickest, cheapest way to get a high quality IWB holster!

I have no affiliation with Crossbreed.

Registered
Yes...outside profile IDENTICAL.

Called on this...both Sig and Crossbreed...they confirmed.

I have the SAME IWB...along with a P229R Nitron and P229 Legion...both fit identically into the holster.

There are some internal differences I've noticed when cleaning...however...not sure if those slight differences are because my Nitron is 2 years older then my Legion (January 2017) and they have made changes across the whole P229 line. None of these effect the outside profile.

Premium Member
Yes, all the same shape. This includes all models: Elites, Dark, Equinox, Legion, Stainless, etc. The only one that's slightly different is the Combat because it has a different rail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.