SIG Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some guidance on how to properly disassemble w/o damaging (see pic).

As you can see by the picture, something is not right here...When reassembling my P320 (post cleaning), I obviously didn’t get the take down lever properly placed and the slide spring is now lodged in the trigger assembly. I am not sure of the proper way to remove the spring without damaging any critical parts (due to the amount of pressure from the spring tension.

If you have a response that would be helpful, please reply.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow— haven’t seen that before. It’s hard to say without seeing it, I might take a screwdriver in between the spring loops and gently pull it back from the barrel end. If that doesn’t fairly easily work, take it to a gunsmith. They have more knowledge and better tools.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Looking for some guidance on how to properly disassemble w/o damaging (see pic).

As you can see by the picture, something is not right here...When reassembling my P320 (post cleaning), I obviously didn’t get the take down lever properly placed and the slide spring is now lodged in the trigger assembly. I am not sure of the proper way to remove the spring without damaging any critical parts (due to the amount of pressure from the spring tension.

If you have a response that would be helpful, please reply.

Thanks!
Look at this video___

·
Premium Member
2,796 Posts
I did this once in my haste to put the Slide on and I forgot to insert the Takedown Lever.
The Takedown Lever pulls down the Sear so the Striker will slide past the Sear...If you forget it then as Sig Sauer Guys say's the Sear is sticking up and snags the Striker.

Before seeing Sig Sauer Guys fix...
To solve my mistake I removed the Rear Striker Plate and then removed the Striker from the Slide.
Then I could slide the FCU out of my slide.
Sig Sauer Guys solution is much easier and does not involve removing the Striker..

The old saying "There is more than one way to skin a Cat" and Sig Sauer Guy's is definitely the better skinning of this Cat...LOL!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Don't feel bad. Many of us have done the same thing.

Of course I would never do anything like that... nudge, nudge, wink, wink...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts