SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, new member here from Arizona. I've been reading post on here the last few days and have been enjoying the wealth of knowledge from all these sig owners. The only experience I have had with Sig is doing a CCw class and borrowed a p229 from my uncle. Loved the gun but couldn't afford one and have been carrying a glock 23 ever since. Well, getting rid of the 23 now and have had two offers to trade for a Sig M11a1 and a Sig p320 RX full size. Both are asking 250 cash on top of the glock package.

My question is which one would you take and why? I hear great things about the M11a1. I currently carry a glock 19 and so Im really not against getting a full size especially a P320 RX.

Would love to hear from anyone out there willing to chime in.

·
Premium Member
18,513 Posts
Welcome to SIG Talk! Sounds like your experience is primarily with the Glock, for that reason, I would recommend the P320. The manual of arms is identical to the Glock so you will have nothing new to learn regarding handling and manipulating the gun. Both being striker fired, the Glock and P320, they have no thumb safeties or decockers to manipulate. you can easily rotate each into your carry rotation.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
That's a tough question, but first, welcome. I would likely take the M11A1, but you really can't go wrong with either. Although I do prefer striker fire guns, the M11 is a fantastic pistol. I'm not completely sold on the P320 as yet, but the M11 is a proven platform. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the input so far. I'm torn as well in which one to pick. I would love to learn a new platform but at the same time going with something similar to glock has its advantages as well. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

·
Premium Member
22,526 Posts
Full size 320 might be a bit large for edc. My 320c is my edc and sometimes I will change to the G19 just for a little diversity , ha.
Welcome aboard.
Hold center.
Mills

·
Registered
641 Posts
Welcome to our SIG Sauer forum.

·
🎖USA Veteran Premium Member
9,057 Posts
Welcome from Florida
Pick the one you have confidence in after firing each.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Welcome from Arizona.

I prefer the DA/SA for carry. But, as others have stated, it's a personal choice. Sometimes I need to leave my pistol in my lockbox in my vehicle. I like the ability to keep my thumb on the hammer while I holster in the dark in my vehicle.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
My oldest SIG is my favorite. 1994, 229-40.

I have an M11-A1 as well.

Either one is an excellent choice.

·
🎖USMC Veteran Premium Member
4,572 Posts
Check them both out and shoot them if you can. Welcome from Florida.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.