SIG Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stumbled on this website, The Internet Movie Firearms Database that I'm going to have to spend a few hours of unproductive time on: Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games

Not sure how this one slipped by me. I've got a love/hate relationship with Hollywood but I'll admit I love movies that go bang, really fast.

Inside this website, I then saw this long article about Hollywoods strange relationship with the NRA. They hate one another in public but make tons of money for one another in private:
http://features.hollywoodreporter.com/the-gun-industrys-lucrative-relationship-with-hollywood/

Anyone have any other interesting/unusual websites they'd like to share?

·
Registered
7,425 Posts

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
The Hollywood Reporter site is typical Left Wing agitation. Don't bother with it. "The firearms industry is too Close to Hollywood " manta is for the Dingleberries who want unicorn Milk and soft cookies. (I don't say Snowflake. Snowflakes on a winter evening are both attractive and mesmerizing. Dingleberries are a fact of life and as such are more realistic and without any sense of value. And they stink)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just saw American Assassin last night. Good movie until they got to the boat in the ocean. I could have sworn I was looking at a James Bond movie yet again. Otherwise, it was worth it. I gotta look up what the Mitch Rapp lead character was using. I looked like a Sig.

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
11,441 Posts
That is a cool website....found it a few years ago...when I see movies or TV shows, I always try to see what gun is being used....amazing how many Beretta 92/M9, Glocks, Walther PPK, or SIG P228s are used, many times...............

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In the scene in American Assassin I was thinking of I thought I saw a Sig P228 or 229. It was kinda dark - restaurant/bar scene. Turns out to be a Salient Arms International Glock 19. Expensive gun. Wow.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Yeah, I stumbled across that (IMFDB. ) years ago. Fun to look stuff up.
Yes it is, or just to see if you saw the same thing as the site owner did.

I like it too.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I am not very mature in my gun knowledge, so when I see a nice looking gun in a movie, I look it up to identify it and find close-up shots to admire. But then again, I do the same thing when I see a beautiful woman in a movie that I don't recognize. Do I get points for consistent living?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts